free website stats program Rush slip on pop on decel | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush slip on pop on decel

If you ensured there is no mechanical issue (i.e. leak somewhere), with your TFI, your best bet would be to decrease the size of the baffle as others said. It may help lessen the popping issue.

In other tuners, you have the ability to either increase/decrease fuel when decelerating and not turning the throttle in certain MAP ranges (i.e. engine braking , throttle closed all the way). AND also have the ability to adjust deceleration enleanment when you get the pop when closing the throttle (it's moving).

The nice thing, you can buy Rush baffles and replace them easily.

Ride safe and have fun.

Yeah nice but I don't know about easy. Yesterday I tried to take the baffles out to put some sort of restriction in the baffle to maybe test if a smaller baffle would help. Well the one baffle came out with a fight and the other wouldn't budge even when I took the muffler off an used a pry bar and hammer to try n beat it out. The only thing I can think to do us hook a wench or ratchet strap to my truck n try to pull it out.
WAP.gif

I had 1.75 Rush on my Electra Glide and the popping was not anything out of the ordinary. It would stopped for a while once baffles were removed and repacked. Then after a several hundred miles started all over again. I bet you will find will smaller baffles performance may increase and popping decreased some. Just a note I tryed 3 different type packing material and no difference..

Yes, but it was not annoying and did not do it all the time. I could get it to pop more frequently if at higher rev while downshifting. If its not a backfire and you like the sound of mufflers just try not to have a higher rev condition while decelerating...

Thanks for the tip I was going to put rtv high temp on the slip on I didn't even think of checking the head bolts since I didn't touch them but it doesn't hurt to try.
WAP.gif

NOT the Head-bolts....
I think the suggestion iS FOR the EXHAUST flange to head bolts.... BIG difference... I NEVER touch a head-bolt ONCE it has been torqued...

The exhaust NEEDS to be correctly sealed at the Heads... Like said IF they leak,,,, there will be Popping....
(use NO sealer just the gasket for the HD)

I would Make sure the head pipe is totally into the head port,,,, some times it will wedge Out Of Alignment and seem tight. Yes it is tight but Not Sealing properly...

signed....BUBBIE

I like the gurgle but not the back fire I guess I will try the 1.75 and seal everything up and tighten or check the manifold bolts and see if it helps. I think id see a performance gain with 1.75 too due to the back pressure issue. I wish I eoykd if found or dive my research before I oredered the big baffles. Oh well atleast its only a $70 lesson.
WAP.gif

Choochoo,

One thing here for sure,,,,, I haven't heard of any of these exhaust users saying completely without POP and the ones with More back pressure seemed to be bearable with a small amount...

Keep us informed with your progress..

signed....BUBBIE

I sure will I just ordered the 1.75 ill put them in when they come and seal the slip ons and check the head bolts. and I will hope this make it tolerable atleast.

Back