free website stats program Rush slip on pop on decel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush slip on pop on decel

Ok thanks...does anyone know of any mods i can do to the 2.25 baffel before I place the order for the 1.75 just to make sure. I love the sound of the 2.25 just dont like the popping or the backfire whatever it is.

Ok thanks...does anyone know of any mods i can do to the 2.25 baffel before I place the order for the 1.75 just to make sure. I love the sound of the 2.25 just dont like the popping or the backfire whatever it is.

If mine, I would wrap a layer of fiberglass to UP size the baffles(smaller ID)... More back-pressure is Needed and that should show you IF the pop will stop... IF you can keep it from blowing out the pipe????

signed....BUBBIE

Maybe I'm missing something here. I put on SE slip ons on my 2007 96TC and after several thousand miles have a rumble while decellerating, which I like. Should this "rumble" be an indication of a problem?

No I like the rumble its the pop or backfire more accurately that im tring to get rid of
WAP.gif

Maybe I'm missing something here. I put on SE slip ons on my 2007 96TC and after several thousand miles have a rumble while decellerating, which I like. Should this "rumble" be an indication of a problem?

Not with those mufflers. They have the required backpressure for proper performance.

For what it's worth I have an 09 Deluxe with Rush slip on's and the 1 3/4" baffle. I may get 1 pop infrequently. Tuning the Dobeck has not made a difference. It may happen once a day over 150 miles. That is as good as it gets.

I could live with 1 pop a day not 4. Or 5 every time I ket off the throttle. I took out baffels today and they are starting to burn from back fires. I think im going to order the 1.75 baffels and see if that helps
WAP.gif

Choochoo

If you haven't checked the exhaust system for leaks, it would prudent to do so. Check the header bolts and re-torque to specs and also check the muffler connections. If these are loose, you will get some decel popping, snugging them up may stop most of it. Had this problem with mine awhile ago and stopped almost popping once they were tight...might save the bucks! Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip I was going to put rtv high temp on the slip on I didn't even think of checking the head bolts since I didn't touch them but it doesn't hurt to try.
WAP.gif

Back