free website stats program Running without the Exhaust | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Running without the Exhaust

Can you describe the problem with the exhaust? You don't see people riding with no exhaust for all the reasons above. The same people who posted above would be willing to help with the exhaust problem. Welcome to the forum!

Cold air on very hot valves and heads, no back pressure, no good. Cracked heads and warped exhaust valves for sure.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Not to mention the risk of fire on decel and what it might burn on bike.....Both internally and externally.
If he liked bike before he surely wont after a few trips riding to work. Very bad idea.....:(

Even running with just header pipes isn't a good idea, many of the same problems, too lean, too loud, maybe flame, make the investment in something that works.:)

Having trouble with his exhaust? Like what?

If there is some sort of problem with the slip-ons, he can leave them off and run the engine as if he were running drags. Works a bit better with cones in at the heads in front of the pipes, and will need to add a bit (may be a lot) more fuel with that free an exhaust circuit.

TQ

Tell him he can only do it if he lets you vidoe the event and post on this site! I would love to see this!:newsmile100:

The total lack of back pressure can also cause valve float,sometimes enough to put one through a piston.

Me i don't care if he runes his engine, :bigsmiley6: If he wants to run without pipes then the faster the engine swallows a valve the less time he has to annoy the 99% of people that won't give a rats tail if all bikes were taken off the road.

Back