free website stats program Run over by PFB | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Run over by PFB

I am also vertically challenged, and have learned for the most part to have my passenger just get off the bike, and work the bike back, these new ultras are tall, much taller than my "old" 2k RK, I am contemplating lowering the bike but not for manueverability, but because with thermals, pants, chaps and rain pants I can barely get my leg over the thing....

I did get my seat shaved and it helped with my "stance" on the ground.

I did get my seat shaved and it helped with my "stance" on the ground.

Did it compromise the comfort? I know most don't like the stock, seat but I do. This might be a good option for me. Can you give details? Just shaved the sides of the seat? THX.

How's about raising the floorboard mounts to the upper hole if your passenger can afford the room? That'll get them a tad higher with a slightly different response to getting hit by your leg.

Did it compromise the comfort? I know most don't like the stock, seat but I do. This might be a good option for me. Can you give details? Just shaved the sides of the seat? THX.

Walleye, did you get the passenger floorboard problem sorted? Easiest is to change them to pegs, mini-wings or change your procedure i.e. have the passenger dismount and fold'em up outta the way. :s

Since my passenger would sometimes move her feet forward and foul up my parking lot routine, I would go with mini-wings or pegs with stirrups to move her feet back a couple inches. At $99 it is under HD for once...:lolrolling

So far I am just putting up with it. Do the mini pegs provide decent footing? My prob is my better half likes the floorboards. If I could find a good alternative I would do it. Then again I better buy em B4 HD realizes they are under HD!!!!! LOL!

ISO Mini-Wings floorboards work great and have good traction, I flipped mine so the metal part contacts my boot heel and the rubber goes to the balls of my feet. This is because of their "mids" placement...which I use when going thru the rough...I may trade with passenger pegs to see if my gal likes the Küryakyn ISO Mini Wings before I spring for a 2nd set...

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/14/IMID/600

You could flip them so the rubber is towards her heel so her feet are farther back...which is why I am thinking of getting a second pair to replace my gals' Küryakyn footpegs, giving more room when doing parking lot maneuvers...see the photo below:

XL1200R_Mods.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Walleye, I had the same problem you seem to be having. I was even having problems when they were folded up. I initially just removed them altogether as I don't ride 2 up anyways, but when my grandson wanted to go for a ride I had to do something. I ended up trading my pfb's for a set of streetglide brackets and pegs. This has solved the problem completely. They are small enough that when folded up they don't hit me and even when they're down, if my legs do hit them they just fold up.

sorry didn't see this, I sent the seat to meancitycycles, they cut the seat down and put in memory foam, I have about 13k on the seat and its just fine for me, I just found a set of low profile shocks so I am going to put them on, but I highly recommend working the seat if you don't want to spend 600 for a custom seat.

Back