free website stats program Rough running | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rough running

When you first removed the rear spark plug, what color was it. Was it tan or black. Maybe the injector is not delivering fuel which I doubt.

When I initially pulled the plugs prior to the rough running they were ran. After she started acting up the rear was black. I removed the injectors and cleaned it and the injector rail. There was some nasty stuff in there. I'm thinking I need to send the injectors off for ultrasonic cleaning. After that I buttoned everything up and seemed to be firing on both cylinders. I have sense found that my stator is faulty. I have another stator on the way as we speak and will be replacing the regulator also. I am truly grateful for all the help so far an Wil continue to update everyone. Thanks again everyone!

It seems as though if the rear plug was black, the plug is not firing. Not sure how HD's act with a bad charging system. I know Honda runs like crap. So it may very well be your charging system causing the issues. Just a thought. Keep the updates coming, please.

It seems as though if the rear plug was black, the plug is not firing. Not sure how HD's act with a bad charging system. I know Honda runs like crap. So it may very well be your charging system causing the issues. Just a thought. Keep the updates coming, please.

That's what me and a friend were thinking. After all was done and the battery charged she ran great and graually began to decal pop and lose power, eventual dieng and would not restart. Will update after parts are installed.

From what I've read once battery voltage drops to a certain point the ECM begins to shut things down including itself. Too low of a voltage on some electronics can fry them, from what I've been told. I no Electrical/Electronic engineer.
tourbox

Any bad battery in any piece of equipment will fry the starter. Not enough amperage when trying to turn an engine. The stater gets very hot very fast, in turn. Sometimes try to weld itself together. I've heard that from when I was a teenager, and
I have witnessed it about 3 times since then. I watched this guy jump out of a car disconnect the battery. Because the starter kept trying to start this engine even after he got out of the car. The solenoid welded it self together. He did manage to get the battery disconnected in time, before the fire and before the battery exploded. He always carried a 1/2-9/16 wrench in his back pocket, always!

Well I ended up changing out the voltage regulator with a (used) mosfet style. 'll was good for about a month. When I pulled the inner primary to change the stator, it looked great. No burnet smell or anything. Ended up not changing the stator due to ordering a 40amp stator. Originally the bike showed no battery or check engine lights. I did get both this time around. Checked the regulator and it's definitely bad. I've read oil can get into these wires and short things out. I relocated the wire going up to try and prevent oil from entering the connector. If I could I would just replace the stator and regulator with new units but unfortunately I cannot do so now.

Back