free website stats program Rooms hard to find on route 6 in Pa | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rooms hard to find on route 6 in Pa

I've been busy with all the things that need attention when you lose a loved one. Thanks for all the kind comments. I put her wedding ring on my Harley key chain so she can go with me. It's a nice ride out to the cemetary. She loved wine so I take a small bottle, enjoy some and pour the rest out for her to enjoy. I hope you are all finding the time to get out and enjoy the colors. Thanks - Bob

Bob, so sorry to hear about your wife. Mine is far and away my best friend also and is currently one year past breast cancer surgery - scariest time of our lives.

I really like your idea of the wedding ring on the key chain - totally choked me up when I read that.

Best of luck to you! We are all here if you need us.

Cancer does not care who or when it strikes, this is very sad, the only thing we can do is pray and help fund research, Peace to all who have suffered through this terrible disease, Capital Jack

Barb had breast cancer 6 years ago. At that time she had surgery, double mastectomy, chemo and radiation. The following year she had her ovaries out as a precaution. After 5+ years we thought it was behind us (big misconception). In January at age 52 she noticed some swelling and discomfort in the lower abdomen and contacted her oncologist who referred her to a urologist. Unfortunately trusting her doctor was a fatal mistake. To make a long story short they wasted months chasing an imaginary kidney stone when the cancer was spreading throughout her body. She developed lymphadema and went from 120lbs to 175lbs. Every major discovery we made was the result of us going to the ER because her pain became unmanageable. The last several weeks I camped out 24/7 and had to fight everyday for accurate information and proper pain management and treatment. Our doctors pretended to care but it became increasingly obvious that it was just talk. I could provide many examples.

If you or a loved one has a serious medical problem you really need to ride the doctors for proper care and treatment. Question everything and ask why a lot. Don’t learn the hard way. Our experience might be unique but I doubt it. I started wondering if the doctors were all the nerdy kids we knew growing up who studied all the time and didn’t have a personality. Maybe we just got a bad batch.

Barb was one of the most beautiful women inside and out I have ever seen. In May she received her Educational doctoral degree and the topic was how to prevent bullying in middle schools. It’s a huge loss but one I’m learning to deal with. I hope what I shared helps someone to have it better - Bob

Barb had breast cancer 6 years ago. At that time she had surgery, double mastectomy, chemo and radiation. The following year she had her ovaries out as a precaution. After 5+ years we thought it was behind us (big misconception). In January at age 52 she noticed some swelling and discomfort in the lower abdomen and contacted her oncologist who referred her to a urologist. Unfortunately trusting her doctor was a fatal mistake. To make a long story short they wasted months chasing an imaginary kidney stone when the cancer was spreading throughout her body. She developed lymphadema and went from 120lbs to 175lbs. Every major discovery we made was the result of us going to the ER because her pain became unmanageable. The last several weeks I camped out 24/7 and had to fight everyday for accurate information and proper pain management and treatment. Our doctors pretended to care but it became increasingly obvious that it was just talk. I could provide many examples.

If you or a loved one has a serious medical problem you really need to ride the doctors for proper care and treatment. Question everything and ask why a lot. Don’t learn the hard way. Our experience might be unique but I doubt it. I started wondering if the doctors were all the nerdy kids we knew growing up who studied all the time and didn’t have a personality. Maybe we just got a bad batch.

Barb was one of the most beautiful women inside and out I have ever seen. In May she received her Educational doctoral degree and the topic was how to prevent bullying in middle schools. It’s a huge loss but one I’m learning to deal with. I hope what I shared helps someone to have it better - Bob
Thanks for sharing such a personal and touching story. At times like these it's easy to forget about the lone survivor, you yourself. I'm sure the two of you will ride together again some day. Thoughts & prayers headed your way.

Thank you Bob for sharing your very moving story. Cancer touches most of us through the many personal relationships we all have or will have. Though there is no "cure", many lives have been saved through the various therapy's' be it chemo, radiation or surgery...and the prospects of survival beyond 5 years has improved, though not much consolation for those who have lost someone close. The key is the legacy the person leaves behind and how many lives your wife has touched. Just got back from a wedding of my niece and looking at the crowd of 150 guests it occurred to me just how one fleeting moment between two people just starting...has affected so many lives. Live the dream...your wife Barb truly made a difference in many ways.

Back