free website stats program Rode my friends Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode my friends Ultra

I also like the idea that I can remove the windsheild for that great old style and look. Although its' really hard to ride without a windshield once you have one. I remember back in the 70's (dating myself) when I had a '77 lowrider , no one would dare have a windshield except on dressers. I even took seat right off and sat on my rolled up jacket to get a lower "feel" !!! hahah we were more worried about profiling then actually going anywhere. The old to new bike are no comparison. Although I still love them all. Someday if I win a lottery would like a panhead. :D

BUM,
My dads last bike (bot new) was a 51 pan hydra glide. Back then I wasn't into HD but after the Drug settled in i was sorry for not buying it from him when offered.. He would give it to me for less$ but I never wanted that Big Old bike sitting around and also I remembered how hard it was to start when you were in a hurry to get to town.

Now, it would just sit here too much as my sporty does.. waiting for the warmer dryer weather to come in W. Wa.
My Dad sold it to a guy shipping it to Japan.... all original HD and HD extras, getting 5500$ way back in 89. while I was still into metrics...
I always wondered how a short (my image) japanese person would be able to hold it up, now looking today at tall people in sports.

signed....BUBBIE

TXMickey,
I sure like the Handle-Bars on your avatar... I need a set for my KING...

Looks like they would be Really Hard to steal.......

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks. They look really good, but can be a bit difficult to hold onto at times.:newsmile100:

I had just the opposite experience. I rented a RoadKing to ride the Dragon and decided on the spot it did not fit me well at all. Like said earlier, to each his own and thankfully they make scooters for all riders. I love my Ultra, no regrets.:D

Thanks. They look really good, but can be a bit difficult to hold onto at times.:newsmile100:

Probably get good gas mileage on that ride but the clean-up work after ride might prove Risky!

sorry I misspelled your name. TXMikey

signed....BUBBIE

Nope Dr D I'm the same way! I want absolute SA when I'm riding. Looking down to fiddle with the iPod, GPS, or read instruments is not going to help that any. Doesn't take but glancing away for a milli-second and something's obstructed your path and that's all it takes. I remeber getting to fly with my first HUD. Holy smokes what a difference! I'm actually suprised they haven't found their way on to more vehicles by now.

Road king for sure. Classic wide whitewalls. Set of true duals, i want to hear the roar of the bike, not music. Maybe when i get older, i will want a quieter bike. But for now, i want it to sound like a harley. To each his own, definately nothing wrong with any hd! Ride hard or stay home. :d

Back