free website stats program Rocker Lockers??? What say you? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker Lockers??? What say you?

Harley Cruiser said:
Dolt, actually that is not true, John, did not invent rocker arm inserts, Rocker Lockers did, that is all documented here in the HTT forum.
http://bit.ly/2LoeoSN
John was the one who saw the problem with the arm moving and making the noise, his solution was locktiteing the shaft in the towers.
I was the one who came up with the idea for the inserts to take up the space and lock the shaft. I had read about this on the HDforum, and started working on a prototype before this tread even started. If you read the thread that I posted, you will see that after I started selling Rocker Lockers john argued how great the locking powers of locktite was, I even had to explain to him why the inserts needed to be tapered to lock them in place. I had ask john to help promote my product and we had talked about going in to business together he was going to be production. I sent him a set of Rocker Lockers to look at, but the partnership never took place and we went our separate ways. I was selling Rocker Lockers for several months before he copied my product and started selling his.

Well, an apology is in order; I do apologize for posting mis-information. That is something I have no tolerance for on these forums and I am very disappointed that I am now guilty of the very thing that I complain about when others do the same.:oops:
I thought I knew the history but apparently I got you and John mixed up. One of you sent me a set free a few years back; I don't remember why; it may have been you. While John did not invent the inserts, apparently he did discover the problem and certainly deserves credit for doing so. Again, I apologize for the erroneous post and will take my licks for being confused on the history of the Rocker Lockers.:(

Well, an apology is in order; I do apologize for posting mis-information. That is something I have no tolerance for on these forums and I am very disappointed that I am now guilty of the very thing that I complain about when others do the same.:oops:
I thought I knew the history but apparently I got you and John mixed up. One of you sent me a set free a few years back; I don't remember why; it may have been you. While John did not invent the inserts, apparently he did discover the problem and certainly deserves credit for doing so. Again, I apologize for the erroneous post and will take my licks for being confused on the history of the Rocker Lockers.:(
Dolt, not a problem, sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you, we have been on vacation. Your name is very familiar, I am almost positive that I sent you a set. I have sent out hundreds of sets for free to members on the HTT site and other forums for them to test and to promote. I'm curious give me the numbers of your street address and I will search my addresses.

13802; I go by djl on HTT and HD Forum, same avatar.
Ahhh, the mystery is solved, LOL, Yea that was me that sent you a set, D.. Long........ 13802 Morni...... Drive Sa. Ant......, T..... 78...
I knew the avatar, the name had me a bit confused, but djl I know well, like I said when I talked to you before I am a fan of your post.

Ahhh, the mystery is solved, LOL, Yea that was me that sent you a set, D.. Long........ 13802 Morni...... Drive Sa. Ant......, T..... 78... I knew the avatar, the name had me a bit confused, but djl I know well, like I said when I talked to you before I am a fan of your post.

Glad you sorted me out on the history of the rocker locker. I have promoted the product in the past and posted the link to your product. I was just confused on who was who and who did what and apologize again for the error in my previous post.

I still have the set you sent me as I have not had the issue on either of my bikes. I just sold my '02 FLHT, already have seller's remorse because I loved that bike and still don't know why I sold it but am on the lookout for a '09-'10 FLHX as another project bike and will probably install that set as part of the project as it will be another bigger bore, high compression, big cam build.;)

Always good to see something set straight and everyone keeping their pushrods in place. Rocker Lockers are on my list for 03JUN2020 when my warranty is over.

Back