free website stats program roadking vs elctra glide | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

roadking vs elctra glide

For me, the Road King is classic Harley, but as such, it has the speedo on the tank. Frequent use of the cruise greatly reduces the need to check speed once it is set. My son, however, can't tolerate the speedo being so far below the normal sight line. For him the decision is based ONLY on instrument location, and the fairing puts the instruments in the "correct" location as far as he is concerned. Otherwise, he considers the machines interchangeable. My RK has the tour pack added, so the carrying capacity is just about identical.

After watching my friend put a twist gear (an attempt to get 6 speed gearing), a tour pak, and lowers on his 2003 Road King, I bought a 2008 EGC. Now he is pricing a tach, and eventually wants to install a bat wing/stereo. He would have been $ ahead to get an Electraglide.

Another friend is going down the same road on his Softail. And of course neither will have a 6 gallon tank.

I have a 2005 electaglide and a 1997 softail heritage. I purchased the second bike used so that my son and I could go on rides together, Last summer we went from Wisconsin to Sturgis,all around Sturgis, then up into Montana, down thru Yellowstone, the Tetons and more. 3,200 miles in all. My son is 6ft 2 inches I am 5 ft 10 inches. We took turns riding bikes. I prefered the lower ride of the heritage and he prefered the electraglide. I must admit thou, that I enjoyed the radio when we toured out west. I just think that different bikes fit different people better. The good thing is that there is not a bad choice.

If your more interested in touring, but want the low speed handling of the front end without the weight of the bat wing. The Road Glide is the best choice.

Of course I'm not at all biased!:newsmile090:

Last edited:
I have had 2006 Electra GLide and 2006 Road king, I prefer the RK because I am not always riding on the highway but I like that when in town I can remove windshield and backrest giving it a totally different look, My wife loves the Road King as well. So I didn't need both so the Electra Glide was sold, I don't think you can go wrong with either, Last fall I road 2400 miles in 4 days on the road king Loved every minite.

I bought a 2006 Electa Glide a month ago and can't even ride the thing it is making me insane. I had a metric bike that was made to look like a Road King. I hope I can get use to the Fairing.

I prefer the Road King. Rode the Glide and it's a very nice ride....but the Road King was more comfortable to me. Ride the one that you find more comfortable to you.

I bought a 2006 Electa Glide a month ago and can't even ride the thing it is making me insane. I had a metric bike that was made to look like a Road King. I hope I can get use to the Fairing.

Not sure what you mean - can't ride it because it's winter or can't ride it because of the fairing?

Sorry because its Winter. I will have to get use to the Fairing. I am sure after 2 rides I will be fine. I just want it to get nice out and the salt on the roads to wash away....

Back