free website stats program roadking vs elctra glide | Harley Davidson Forums

roadking vs elctra glide

bubbarh

I am looking at buying a new bike its between the electra glide or the roadking are these about the same in ride wise

Close to the same, although the road king's generally atract those with inferior riding skills. While it is still not known why, it can be traced back to..... Kidding!! Same frame, close to the same options, very close in weight and handling. Electra is a little higher, heavier and has a radio. Either one is a blast so it is hard to make a bad choice. If that stuck, go to a dealer and rent one for the day. Let us know how it works out!!!

I have a Road King (now my wifes bike) and a Ultra Classis and the ultra is the only one I would ride if both parked side by side. Loved the Road King and it rides great but the extras on the ultra (radio, CB, cruise control, fairing
) make it nicer. You can't go wrong with either.

Ultra...Good has a great idea, go rent each for a day and make your choice then. You can't go wrong with either. Both are great bikes!!

I have a Road King (now my wifes bike) and a Ultra Classis and the ultra is the only one I would ride if both parked side by side. Loved the Road King and it rides great but the extras on the ultra (radio, CB, cruise control, fairing
) make it nicer. You can't go wrong with either.

Ultra...Good has a great idea, go rent each for a day and make your choice then. You can't go wrong with either. Both are great bikes!!

I have my eye on a vivid black ultra limited just have to get the right deal

You need to consider what type of riding your going to do. The electra glide is solely a touring bike, attached fairing, tourpak, radio. It is designed for many miles on the asphalt and, as such, is not very flexible. The roadking, while a capable tourer in its own right is much more flexible, but has limitations. It's more of a touring/cruiser or a cruising tourer. YOu can remove that windshield and head downtown on a Saturday night in style or leave it on and hit the road (although with less protection than the fairing). In short, if your looking for a long range touring machine, then get the EGC. If most of your riding will be in town and short trips, go with the RK.

The biggest difference is the ability for the long haul on the Glide. Most comfortable bike on the road and leads to many happy miles in the saddle.
So as Mavagrand has suggested, what type of riding should be part of the decision. A 900 pound bike is hard to finesse if used only for short trips or bike night...

It is just a matter of more plastic. On long trips with smaller and sandier roads the road king would be easier to manouver.

You need to consider what type of riding your going to do. The electra glide is solely a touring bike, attached fairing, tourpak, radio. It is designed for many miles on the asphalt and, as such, is not very flexible. The roadking, while a capable tourer in its own right is much more flexible, but has limitations. It's more of a touring/cruiser or a cruising tourer. YOu can remove that windshield and head downtown on a Saturday night in style or leave it on and hit the road (although with less protection than the fairing). In short, if your looking for a long range touring machine, then get the EGC. If most of your riding will be in town and short trips, go with the RK.

What Mav. said. I love my RK and have no desire for an E-Glide. I am a minimalist and do not like all the extra electrical stuff to fiddle with and repair. The squalk of a CB just makes me want to come unglued and listening to Freebird on fm radio for the 10,000th time is just not very appealing.
I say buy a RK and an Ipod.

Bodeen

Back