free website stats program Roadglides everywhere! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadglides everywhere!

How are the headlights after dark on the FLT's where the light doesn't turn with the bars/forks? An old timer told me he would never ride another bike with a frame mounted fairing do to the headlight not turning after dark. It was a Vetter fairing on a old honda, he allmost got killed on it, that's why I ask.:s

The beam is very wide and bright, nearly 180 degree beam right at the front wheel.

That is a good point. But I am sure that the guys that have them that there is no problem with that, I think I would have an issue with that, but I am sticking with my original feeling, I personally like that batwing fairing better. I also like the way the gauge cluster is also, on the RG everything seems pushed away from the driver, although you can still see it I like a bike to have a snug fit to me and not a stretched out look, just my 2 cents though, gues that is why I have a UC.

Me being 5'7 the few bikes with bat wings I have sat on seemed to have the gauges mounted nearly vertical. For me this causes the top 1/4 of the gauge to be obstructed. I would only think it would be worse if you were taller. On the other hand the gauges on my RG may be farther back they are also tilted slightly go I can view the whole gauge.

Pros and cons of both I guess.

I have owned 3 roadglides and in between owned a couple different ultras, i am 6feet 3inches tall and seem to always go back to the glide, they just seem to fit a taller rider better being more stretched out. I have freinds that are shorter that have tried my bikes and say they feel to large and stretched out for them but they all agree in the wind the glide seems to be much more stable especially in traffic as far as the headlight you do not even notice the difference between the flt or flh.

I have the best of both worlds. 95 tour glide ultra,fitted with an 89 fairing,lowers and the whole 9 yards. I do a lot of night riding on country roads and I have the right headlight set a bit higher and to the right. Great for spotting critters at night. I love the bike. Wonder what it would cost to set up a road glide ultra.

Today the weather got to around 50* and this was the best day we have had for a month. Well during the course of my day, i saw quite a few bikes out and about. I am beginning to see alot of roadglides, at least half of the bikes were sharknoses. I believe we are seeing a change in how people feel about these bikes, they seem to be getting very popular. I must admit i almost pulled the trigger on that 09 cvo dressed in black/orange but i wanted all the creature comforts of the ultra.

"Sharknoses" I haven't heard that one before but it sure fits. I personally don't care for them, I prefer the old school classic style of my RK Classic. But everyone has their own taste, which is why there are different models.

I've had 3 Road Glides an 02,an 07 and now have a O&B 09 CVO......think I'll keep ridin em as long as Harley makes em. I remember when I had my 02 sittin outside a bar one night, this woman came out with her husband and looked at my bike and said "Oh look Honey........that must be a Harley Davidson Cadillac!".
I love the Glide but Harley makes different models cuz they ain't everyone's cup o tea.

I madt the switch to the rg last summer. I bought an 08 anniv edition. number 672 of 1500 made. Done a bunch of upgrading, reinhgart pipes, stage 1 air cleaner and power commander. I even put on filler strips and tribar light (from a street glide, harley doesnt make fillers for rg.)

I traded my 02 Deuce that was custom, thought I would regret it later, but the more i ride the rg, the more i totally love it. I didnt give up any handling either. I rode both th rg and sg, rg outhandled the sg hands down (in my opinion). I think I will have this one until I cant stand anymore, then convert it to a trike! Haha

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG00245.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Back