free website stats program Roadglides everywhere! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Roadglides everywhere!

I have an 09 Road Glide and love it. My neighbor has an 09 Road Glide and loves it. The guy who went to Sturgis with me last year has an 08 Road Glide that's been converted into a trike and he loves it. Lots to love about that bike.

RG is becoming more popular where I live also, I like the flat black one, just cannot pull the trigger on one, I could get over the fairing I think, but I like the benefits of the UC, such as lowers, CB, rear speakers, and the looks of the batwing fairing, but just my opinion, they are all nice bike just the UC fits me a little better.

How are the headlights after dark on the FLT's where the light doesn't turn with the bars/forks? An old timer told me he would never ride another bike with a frame mounted fairing do to the headlight not turning after dark. It was a Vetter fairing on a old honda, he allmost got killed on it, that's why I ask.:s

That is a good point. But I am sure that the guys that have them that there is no problem with that, I think I would have an issue with that, but I am sticking with my original feeling, I personally like that batwing fairing better. I also like the way the gauge cluster is also, on the RG everything seems pushed away from the driver, although you can still see it I like a bike to have a snug fit to me and not a stretched out look, just my 2 cents though, gues that is why I have a UC.

I don't really think that any of HD's are bad at night with the headlights, I have no problems with my UC, of course, everything could be improved on, but never have had any problems with any bike I had.

How are the headlights after dark on the FLT's where the light doesn't turn with the bars/forks? An old timer told me he would never ride another bike with a frame mounted fairing do to the headlight not turning after dark. It was a Vetter fairing on a old honda, he allmost got killed on it, that's why I ask.:s

How can the headlights not turning with the handlebar be a problem? When your at speed and going into a corner you countersteer (turn the handlebar in the opposite direction you want the bike to go). Seems if you were going to have a problem than it would be on a bike where the light turns the oppisite way your going. I have both with an 05 RG and a 94 FLSTC, never had a problem with lights at night.:bigsmiley6:

I've had my SMOKEY GOLD 2005 FLTR for a while now. I saw a 2004 at a local dealership, last summer, and casually mentioned it. Well. a buddy went ahead and bought, now there are TWO "smokey gold" R/G's, in our merry band.

Dang if another guy, didn't find a 2006 "smokey gold" road glide. It's like having a black bike.... LOLOL I wish I had the time to take the pictures of the 3 bikes.

Of course there is a little difference. The 2004 just clocked 10,000, and the 2006 only has 4,000. Mine has 50,000.

Regarding the headlight NOT turning, when you turn the bars?
1) your car's lights don't turn do they?
2) other than backing out of the garage, I doubt I ever turn my bars far, and that's only at low speeds, if I'urning the bars THAT far, my head, and eyes, will be looking further, than my bike would point. At normal speeds, we 'counter-steer" and therefore the lights would be pointing in the wrong direction.

Still, I like to see that myth, repeated. keeps the number of RG's sold down... which makes me happy. Or??? it did, until I saw THREE similar FLTR's in the same parking lot

I agree with Smitty on the headlights, they are really good. Can't beat twin headlights up front. No issue so far when turing at a slow speed. When I ride with my father in law (yes he is on a Wing), we light up the road like it's day light.

Ride safe and have fun!

Back