free website stats program Road Trip To Yellowstone | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Trip To Yellowstone

I was just up there the middle of July. The east entrance from Cody, WY is a great ride. If you can, go up towards Red Lodge and do the Chief Joseph Highway and/or Beartooth Highway into Cooke City. The Chief Joseph Highway has some amazing views. We stayed in Cooke City and found it to be quite a nice little town. The NE Entrance to Yellowstone also has some amazing views. There is some road construction in the park so you'll want to be aware that there are some delays and some places that may be tricky to navigate at slow speeds.

Hope you have a great time on your trip.

Last edited:
All you have to do is average 100MPH and it still works out right!!!

:D

I'm good with that... dunno if the wife would be!

toad451 said:
The east entrance from Cody, WY is a great ride. If you can, go up towards Red Lodge and do the Chief Joseph Highway and/or Beartooth Highway into Cooke City. The Chief Joseph Highway has some amazing views. We stayed in Cooke City and found it to be quite a nice little town.

I think we'll be coming in from Jackson Hole and leaving through Cody. We plan on having at least one full day in the park unless we opt for an extra.

Sounds like a great ride. Hope it went\is going well and look forward to seeing pictures! It's been several years since I've seen Yellowstone and riding through the park would be fantastic!

Just finished going to South Dakota, Yellowstone etc. Great ride and lots to see. Must see upper and lower falls @ Yellowstone. Try to go out the Northeast entrance through Cooke City, Mt. Ride Beartooth or Chief J to Cody,Wy. Both are great rides. Cody has a great muesem. If you stay at Cody there is a great B&B Southfork. Have a great trip and be safe. :14:

Just finished going to South Dakota, Yellowstone etc. Great ride and lots to see. Must see upper and lower falls @ Yellowstone. Try to go out the Northeast entrance through Cooke City, Mt. Ride Beartooth or Chief J to Cody,Wy. Both are great rides. Cody has a great muesem. If you stay at Cody there is a great B&B Southfork. Have a great trip and be safe. :14:

Thanks... I think that's the way we're leaning right now. A friend from work just came back from Cody and said there's lots to do there. I think we're gonna go in from Jackson Hole then out at Cody and maybe stay an extra night in Cody.

We're leaving next Thusday (Aug. 12)!

AJPanda... No doubt we'll have tons of pictures, hopefully some worth sharing.

We just got back from Yellowstone yesterday. We stayed a couple nights in W. Yellowstone and a couple nights in Jackson. Great trip. There is some construction going on in the park (mostly on the West side of the park) but they have been chipping the rodes all around the park, the chips should be packed in by the time you get there. Jackson is a fun town, make sure you spend some time there, your wife will enjoy the shopping and they do have a Harley Shop (mainly Tee shirts and clothes) Regardless of where you end up you will have some great rides, the entire region is beautiful and very biker friendly.

Thanks... I think that's the way we're leaning right now. A friend from work just came back from Cody and said there's lots to do there. I think we're gonna go in from Jackson Hole then out at Cody and maybe stay an extra night in Cody.

We're leaving next Thusday (Aug. 12)!

AJPanda... No doubt we'll have tons of pictures, hopefully some worth sharing.

4 more sleeps.... Getting anxious to leave yet?:s

Back