free website stats program road king or street glide which would you buy?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

road king or street glide which would you buy??

I own a Road King, so a Street Glide looks pretty sharp. However, I think if I owned a Street Glide, a Road King would be equally appealing. I really like the RK though... I especially like stripping all the junk off of it so it's just a bike. It's the way I road years ago and it's still the best ride I can think of. So, as appealing a ride the Street Glide might be, I think the Road King provides a wider range of possibilities, and possibly a wider range of enjoyments. I also think that with the leather tour pack, it is the sharpest looking tour bikes on the road. Not as practical as the Electra Glides, but who cares. If I want practical, I can always buy a minivan.

I had this same question about a month ago before I chose a 2010 RK FLHR. I sat on a SG at a dealership one day, but I've never ridden one. This is my first HD, and I got in a real hurry to get one. I guess it would've been best to rent each bike for a day. I think that would be the best way to make a sound choice. However, I can say that I like my choice. I like the removeable windshield on the RK. I like the dual exahust pipes. I don't think I would like the fairing - IMO it would hinder the view somewhat in front of me. I like the 28 spoke wheels that I got with the FLHR. And, I like the small stripe on the tires. I think the shock position that others spoke of is pretty important as well. I know I couldn't be happier with my choice. My wife is too scared to ride with me as of yet. I guess I'll know she's ready when she comes home with a helment :s Anyway, I hope you make the choice that suits you best. After all, you'll be the one riding!

I Just went through this same Question about a month ago...I rode both and I like both of them...Then I thought if I bought the RK what would I end up doing to it....all the extras/options/ect...it would have looked like the Street Glide...so bought the street glide and am very happy with it!

do you do alot of 2-up riding and is it ok..........

Not a ton, yet b/c I bought the bike in end of Sep so we're on the "tail-end" of our riding season here in NE:bigsmiley15:. My wife's not really a rider, but my 12-yr-old daughter loves to ride & the stock seat works for her. Definitely need a stock seat UG if your wife plans to take long rides, but you could go w/the two-piece seat(s) & have options for different looks...good luck!

do you do alot of 2-up riding and is it ok..........

I've done 2 up on my SG and it's great. However, I have the Sundowner seat for butt comfort and a removeable tour pak for better back support. I don't know if my wife would let me go back to the stock seat and tiny backrest!

I had this same question about a month ago before I chose a 2010 RK FLHR. I sat on a SG at a dealership one day, but I've never ridden one. This is my first HD, and I got in a real hurry to get one. I guess it would've been best to rent each bike for a day. I think that would be the best way to make a sound choice. However, I can say that I like my choice. I like the removeable windshield on the RK. I like the dual exahust pipes. I don't think I would like the fairing - IMO it would hinder the view somewhat in front of me. I like the 28 spoke wheels that I got with the FLHR. And, I like the small stripe on the tires. I think the shock position that others spoke of is pretty important as well. I know I couldn't be happier with my choice. My wife is too scared to ride with me as of yet. I guess I'll know she's ready when she comes home with a helment :s Anyway, I hope you make the choice that suits you best. After all, you'll be the one riding!

This is a huge misconception on the part of those who have never ridden a bike with a fairing. It only blocks the view of your front tire and the area directly in front of the tire. This is NOT where you should be looking when you're riding! I have a tight fit when I park in the garage so I have to get up on my toes to peer over the fairing at the tire but this is the ONLY time I even notice the fairing blocking anything.

Glide for me, but I know people who got the King and love it too, so I guess that you oughta decide what it is that you would like ride em' both and then make up your mind and do your best deal.

I've done 2 up on my SG and it's great. However, I have the Sundowner seat for butt comfort and a removeable tour pak for better back support. I don't know if my wife would let me go back to the stock seat and tiny backrest!

Thanks, I would get the tour pak, does it give your wife enough support for a back rest when riding. How does the bike look wiht the sundowner seat , I was thinking of that option also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both ride quality is about the same so either bike is a good choice for 2up. I would just take both for a test ride and see which you like more? Just sitting on them in a showroom is even sometimes all you need. Differences were already mentioned. I had a Rk and now have a SG. I like the SG just a bit better but I like the gauges and radio but it's also more to get scratched and chipped vs just the windshield on the RK. Just a personal choice you will have to make.

Guys

The MAX picture size is 800 X 600 allowed on the forum so it doesn't distort the thread.

Thanks

Back