free website stats program Road King handlebars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King handlebars

Finally had time to swap my bars. Pain has disappeared. Feel ten years younger. What else can I do to go back in time??

Has anyone changed their stock RK handlebars to a more ergonomically friendly bar. Less neck ache? I'm 6' tall. And did your stock cables and harnesses fit? What part numbers were involved? Thanks!

I am 6' tall as well with a 35" sleeve length. I changed out the bars on two different Roadkings....bringing the grips back closer to me. Honestly I don't recall the part number, but they were HD bars and I DID NOT have to change any cables etc. Hope this helps.

Knuck-nuck-nuck...ahhh isn't nostalgia a good thing.:rofl Going with the Heritage bars also sounds like a step back in time...but you will be happy with the results! :D

Knuck-nuck-nuck...ahhh isn't nostalgia a good thing.:rofl Going with the Heritage bars also sounds like a step back in time...but you will be happy with the results! :D

Look at da birdie ruff ruff LOL it never gets old:s

I have a 2010 Road King Classic, and shortly after I bought it, I had a set of 14 inch ape hangers installed. Several weeks back I noticed that the clutch cable was starting to wear through the area where the cable slides through the bracket along the side. It got so bad that my clutch actually stopped working. I took it in to a local dealership, and they said they see alot of this. I had to have them order a new cable, AND a new bigger ( round ) bracket for the cable to slide through. Well, after all this, the new cable is starting to wear throught again. Just called the dealership,a and they said unfortunately, theres nothing they can do. Has anyone else had this problem ? The only option I have is to put a shorter type handlebar on where the clutch cable wont have to slide back & forth as much.

Seems to me that you still have some options if you really want to keep your ape hangers. One, if the problem really is that the apes are too tall for the cable, get a longer cable. Two, look for a better way to route and/or secure the cable so it does not wear again the bracket. Three, make sure there are no burrs on the bracket that are abraiding the cable sheath. Four, put a couple of layers of shrink tube where the rubbing occurs. There are probably more options, those are just what came to mind.

Back