free website stats program Road King For SuperGlide Custom? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King For SuperGlide Custom?

I recently went to a HD Factory Demo ride with all of the new bikes that arrive on the HD factory trailer! After owning my 2010 FXDC with 2600 miles on her, I liked it better than the StreetGlide & Road King I test drove!

Well, I just got back from the dealer where I traded my 2007 Road King Classic for a 2011 SuperGlide with forward controls. I got the Custom, $800 in credit towards parts, etc., and first service free, for my bike plus $1700 OTD. Some will probably think I'm crazy, but I missed my old SuperGlide. Road Kings are very nice, but not very much fun to ride. I'm getting older (just turned 60 with a bad back) and my trips are down to about 3-400 miles. Why do I need the Road King? So tell me, good deal or am I nuts?

If doing what you did keeps you in the wind and is more comfortable to handle do to less weight....Than you made a excellent decision. Congratulations on the new steed and may you make many miles of memories upon it.:)

While I did enjoy the windshield, bags, etc. on the Road King, they were things I really didn't need 90% of the time, and they also took a lot of the "fun" out of being on a bike. For me anyway.

If you're happy that's all that counts.

I went the opposite route a few years ago and went from a Softail to a Road Glide. I will be 65 next month and now I have time to ride so I got a bike for the long haul.

I've had a bad back for years and a backrest and support belt have taken care of that problem.

But that's why Harley makes so many different models, no bike is right for all riders, pick what you want and enjoy it.

Here's to many rides, either short or extended as long as you put your face in the breeze and the motor between your knees, life is good.

Congrats....Its funny, I love my Road King, but I've been thinkin' seriously about picking up a used, lo-mile FXDC to park next to it....used to own a '99 FXD years ago & really enjoyed it:D

Back