free website stats program Road King' electraglide or Street Glide? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road King' electraglide or Street Glide?

Definitely go for the /09...the ride and handling are worth it. I'm 5'8'' and 180pounds and have no problem handling my /09 Ultra. I had trouble being able to retract the jiffy stand as it was along reach for me but adding a jiffy stand extension did the trick. You may save a few bucks going with an/08 but you'll probably wish you had sprung for the /09 after a while.

I'm no expert on the Touring bikes but there is an advantage to you going with the 09, the New frame. I hear it's better so once your spending that kind of cash you should make sure you dont realize after you buy an 08 that your friends 09 is what you would have been happier with.

I rode my 84 FXR for years before buying an Ultra this spring. Man, what a ride! I'm about your size (5' 10'', 190) and the handling is no problem at all. I will tell you that with a full tour pak and the wife (she's 5' 7'', 120) on the back it does get a little top-heavy. Other than that, I love it. They don't call it Ultra for nothing. :s

Like you, I had a Sportster XL1200C and loved it. Haven't ridden a bike since 1990 when I had a Honda CB900SS. So talked the wife into a bike and had it for a year before I decided I wanted something bigger and more comfortable. A few of my friends have RKs and Ultra classics and to be honest I was leaning towards the RK for looks as I couldn't get past all the bags on the Ultra. So when I heard of the Sportster trade promo I headed to my local dealer and started the process. Like I said, I was dead set on a RK but after seeing and sitting on the 09 SG I was sold. Now that I've had it for a few days, I can't believe I've lived without it this long. It handles BETTER than my old Sportster. The only thing that takes getting used to is backing this beast into my garage takes a little more leg work. Whichever model you opt for, you can't go wrong with any of the 09 class. Happy riding!

Back