free website stats program Rinehart Slip Ons on a 2009 FLHX | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rinehart Slip Ons on a 2009 FLHX

So anyway, there's not a lot that can be done with the Rinehart Slip Ons. I've looked around and can't find anyone that makes an aftermarket baffle either. The only thing is to go with a BigCityThunder baffles (which really aren't much of a baffle) in the head pipe and remove the Rinehart baffles. I have them removed right now and I think it sounds good. Taken it for a few rides and didn't notice any dead spot or low end loss of power. If I did I haven't noticed yet, but then again I'm not running 1/4 mile time trials either. And yes I can still hear the radio fine! Here is a link to a guy on youtube thats running no baffles in his Rineharts and BigCityThunder baffles in the head pipes.
YouTube - 08 Street Glide with Big City Thunder baffles

Sorry to hear about your customer service with BUB/Rinehart. My experience with them concerning fading end caps is completely different. I have a '07 street glide with Rinehart slip ons. I can hear the pipes and the radio. The mufflers sound good to me, no comments from others. I think they sound better (less racket and lower tone, rumble) than my old eglide with Thundermountains and fishtails.

Here is some info I got on the header baffle on 09's from Big City Thunder. I'm not sure abour drilling a hole in my headpipe though...

Thanks for the inquiry on Big City Thunder Products.

We do have our new QQ Thunder Monster baffle for the head pipe installation. The QQ baffle is designed to deliver a deeper tone to the note of the exhaust that would also quiet you pipe and in a properly tuned bike you should notice an improvement in your overall performance. You would run the Thunder Monster baffles in concert with your after market mufflers/baffles.

To install them you would need to remove your mufflers, drill one hole in each head pipe, and reinstall your mufflers. On a few of the '09's we have had folks encounter a slight issue with the size of one of the head pipes. The resolution was to either expand the head pipe slightly or to remove some material from the Thunder Monster by using a belt sander. Generally you need about the thickness of a coat of paint to allow the baffle to slip in.

If this would be of interest to you please call 704-847-1222 as that is not yet available for on line orders.

Big City Thunder

Makes ya want to spend your hard earned money with them don't it

No kidding. After reading this thread, I will never buy anything from them...Ever. Too many decent providers to put up with htis type of garbage. Customer service is everything IMO.

Thank you for everyones thoughts and recommendations on this. I have now installed the BigCityThunder baffles in the head pipes with no baffles in the Rineharts. WOW! It's loud with an awesome tone to it, and the power it has now is unbelievable! I didn't really notice anything when I took the stock mufflers off and put the Rineharts on, or when I pulled the baffles out of the Rineharts. But now with the BCT baffles, hang on!!! Huge difference! Now to put the TFI and SE stage 1 A/C on.

Did the BCT headpipe baffles slide right in or did you have to sand down the baffles any to fit (per the email from BCT on some fit issues w/ 09's). Thanks!

Did the BCT headpipe baffles slide right in or did you have to sand down the baffles any to fit (per the email from BCT on some fit issues w/ 09's). Thanks!
Grillfish, I had to take a rasp to the inside of the headpipe. It appears that from the factory they round them over and in just a little. It took me maybe 3 minutes per head pipe with a hand rasp. Very little needed to come off.

Help me out here you say that there are Rineharts that are not much louder than stock. Were I want to see these things. I like the look of Rineharts but do not want to go much louder.
Every set of Rine harts I have listen too were very loud.
Smitty901, unfortunately that is what I am saying. I had a very disappointing experience with Rineharts slip-ons and their customer service. I've heard a few FLHX's and was impressed with their sound but since then a few that I wasn't impressed with including mine. Until now!!
I sent them two emails that I still haven't heard back from them yet, and called 3 or 4 times until I found someone that would talk to me and he was very short with me. Didn't want to hear my concern, just answered my question with "there is only one baffle made for slip-ons" and then he just hung on the phone. I finished the conversation in disgust and have since taken care of the problem myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Rinehart slip ons are just what I expected. I also have the SE Stage 1 air filter as well, which adds to the exhaust note. They seem to be getting a little deeper tone the more I ride

I was going to go with Bub 7's, but then switched my mind to V&H. I heard both at Destination Daytona. The Bubs sounded great but different tone than Rineharts (even though Bubs make Rineharts)!

Vance Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

My V&Hs are very loud when you twist the throtle, but have a low drone at highway speed (can still hear the radio w/ Hog Tune speakers at 1/3 volume and Clearview shield).

This past weekend my father-in-law wanted to hear my pipes, so he got behind me and I opened up the RG from 1st to 3rd. He came up next to me and asked if he could lead our ride today :)

We rode 350 miles this weekend and once at speed, the noise is not a problem at all. Now getting up to speed, you (and others) will hear it for sure.

At idle, you can feel pulsations on your body if you stand next to them. I do feel I lost some low end but from 2800 and up, but it's amazing how smooth it is all the way to 4,000 (also have Big Sucker and TFI).

Either way, enjoy the new mufflers, Bubs and Rineharts sound awesome!

GRILLFISH,

Couple of questions for you. Did you go with the V&H Basic slip-ons #16751, also did you add a stage 1 and a V&H fuelpax. I have a 09 FLHTCU and need to get rid of that awful factory sound they have, need something that nice and loud.

Tazer: Yes, went with the V&H Basic slip-ons (same part # you mentioned). I have the TFI and Big Sucker intake. I like the pipes, my wife loved the sound, but they were loud (after 1,000 miles it seemed they got louder). I also felt like I lost some low end with the 2 1/4" baffle. So this week I added Big City Thunder QQ headpipe baffles. They quieted the pipes down just a bit, deepend the note AND gave me back my lost low end tq. I've got a chipping sound from one pipe and it's prob a small leak near the headpipe and muffler joint, so I'll check that tonight.

Now, I got the pipes for $350 + BCT QQs for $130 = $480. I should have gone straight for a set of Bub 7's for that price and gotten the low end tq gain and a quieter sound in one package.

Back