free website stats program Rinehart Slip Ons on a 2009 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Rinehart Slip Ons on a 2009 FLHX

H4U30

OK I am sure a lot of you are going to think I'm nuts but these Rineharts aren't very loud. They are a little louder then stock but even all my riding buddies are like, those are Rineharts? There not very loud. Even the girlfriend and my daughter both said I expected it to be a lot louder. I know part of my issue may be that on my last bike (07 Nightster) I had V&H Short Shots (which are very loud) and a couple of my buddies I ride with, one has a Low Rider with straight pipes (no baffles) and another has a custom bike with S&S motor with just drag pipes. So I'm use to loud but these aren't much more then factory to me.
My question is, did they put the quiet baffles in by mistake? They are part # 1801-0100 I bought them off E-Bay as blemished. I took the baffles out yesterday and they weren't wrapped with anything (if that matters). Should I try a different factory baffle or just go with Big City Thunder and put their baffles in the head pipe and leave the baffle out of the Rineharts? Or just run straight pipes?

I have Rinehart slip-ons on my 2007 Road Glide. Bought new, same problem. Someone told me that the slip-ons have only one baffle available. No option for loud or quiet. My friend's 2007 Street Glide has the same set up as mine, his is way louder. Call Rinehart and talk to them.
Contact BUB Enterprises
Contact Us

That is so bizarre that you and your friend have the same set up but a different sound or decibal level! Are you going to do anything about it or are you content with it?
I just sent BUB an email them whats going on here, I'll let you know what I hear back.

Yeah I would be interested too. I just put on the BUB 7 slip ons and while they sound better than stock they are still kinda quiet

i just bought a 2009 Street Glide on Saturday and ordered the Rinehart Slip-ons. Please keep us informed on what Bub says. Thanks.

I have Rinehart Slip ons on my 09 street glide and to me after 1k mile
they seem to be getting louder with more miles. I think the reinharts are designed more for performance then then for sound

I was going to go with Bub 7's, but then switched my mind to V&H. I heard both at Destination Daytona. The Bubs sounded great but different tone than Rineharts (even though Bubs make Rineharts)!

Vance Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

My V&Hs are very loud when you twist the throtle, but have a low drone at highway speed (can still hear the radio w/ Hog Tune speakers at 1/3 volume and Clearview shield).

This past weekend my father-in-law wanted to hear my pipes, so he got behind me and I opened up the RG from 1st to 3rd. He came up next to me and asked if he could lead our ride today :)

We rode 350 miles this weekend and once at speed, the noise is not a problem at all. Now getting up to speed, you (and others) will hear it for sure.

At idle, you can feel pulsations on your body if you stand next to them. I do feel I lost some low end but from 2800 and up, but it's amazing how smooth it is all the way to 4,000 (also have Big Sucker and TFI).

Either way, enjoy the new mufflers, Bubs and Rineharts sound awesome!

So I still haven't heard back from either of the emails I sent to BUB Enterprises, two different email addresses even. So I called today, it took me all day to get a hold of someone. Not real impressed with their customer service. Once I finally got to talk to someone he was very quick with me. All he said was there is only one baffle made for the slip ons.

So I still haven't heard back from either of the emails I sent to BUB Enterprises, two different email addresses even. So I called today, it took me all day to get a hold of someone. Not real impressed with their customer service. Once I finally got to talk to someone he was very quick with me. All he said was there is only one baffle made for the slip ons.

Makes ya want to spend your hard earned money with them don't it

Back