free website stats program Riding without belt guards | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding without belt guards

I took mine off 2 yrs ago after my lower guard "funneled" a rock to the pulley. I'm just extra careful around gravel...but it was a major pain replacing the belt. I looked but couldn't find a master link on it anywhere...lol

Nope, nada. Not a good idea for sure. The line that come into my mind is "What's in your wallet?" and make sure you have a cell phone. Nothing will happen until your out in the boonies somewhere with it's raining and windy as heck!
Ugly John

Credit card & cellphone allways travel with me.. but really, can you imagine what you and your bike would look like if you were to protect yourself against anthing that could possibly harm you? There are 2 things that link the very young with the very old: a "don't give a dang" attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's your bike and $ so you decide to leave it on or take it off. I left mine on but mine is chrome!!!! About the finder, there are all kind of after market once out there.

Credit card & cellphone allways travel with me.. but really, can you imagine what you and your bike would look like if you were to protect yourself against anthing that could possibly harm you? There are 2 things that link the very young with the very old: a "don't give a dang" attitude.

66Cruiser, really not a question about looks, but the belt guard is to prevent rocks or road debris to get kicked up where it can cause damage to the sprocket/belt or pull in items like pant legs, shoe laces (actually saw that happen at a stoplight) etc.

Front fender just keeps mud and debris track off the front of the bike and rider if in the rain storm, we all do not look very "cool" if we look like a dirt track rider after an offroad excursion. But this is an issue as to whether function gets trumped by looks...:newsmile107: it is your call. Been said before "--rider can justify just 'bout anything he wants "!

But isn't it also true that we don't really have to justify anything?!.

As long as you have justified it in your own mind,Why ask advise? Just do it ,be happy.And live with whatever your decision brings you!

As long as you have justified it in your own mind,Why ask advise? Just do it ,be happy.And live with whatever your decision brings you!

True enough, but in this case I didn't ask for advice, I asked for other people's experiences.. which I got here & elsewhere.. I feel no need to justify anything I do to my bike.. right or wrong.

True enough, but in this case I didn't ask for advice, I asked for other people's experiences.. which I got here & elsewhere.. I feel no need to justify anything I do to my bike.. right or wrong.

There's no need for replying as you did here.
I would venture to say that probably nobody here on the forum cares what you do to your bike, it is after all yours!
They were simply replying to your post and if I can give you some free advice whether you want it or not, try to be a bit more pleasant to the members on the forum and use of language is the fast way out the door.

Thanks

There's no need for replying as you did here.
I would venture to say that probably nobody here on the forum cares what you do to your bike, it is after all yours!
They were simply replying to your post and if I can give you some free advice whether you want it or not, try to be a bit more pleasant to the members on the forum and use of language is the fast way out the door.

Thanks

The reply was not intended to disrespect or even annoy anyone. It was meant to be tongue in cheek if anything and seems to have come across as foot in mouth instead. I will try to keep my rather poor sense of humor & adult language to myself as I do appreciate the technical information that is available here.

Back