free website stats program Riding after Total Hip Replacement | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding after Total Hip Replacement

Thanks mstngjoe for the insight.
I hope recovery goes well.
Looks like 6 months recovery before considering riding. Better than my original fears of not hitting the road again.
Larry

Larry, i didn't have to do any changes or mods to the bike. I was so pleased with the surgery it was like being 16 again!

UPDATE:

Yesterday was beautiful.....I just couldn't resist.....so I went for a short ride.

It went great! No pain, no sharp jolts going over bumps, better range of motion to operate brake pedal.

And....when I was done I could walk!!!! In the past it was a struggle to get off the bike and make it to the garage.

I was out about 45 minutes and rode 25 miles or so. It felt fantastic to ride without pain or discomfort!!!!

Hi chief, i had hip surgery in october 08. Riding previous to the surgery was enjoyable but became uncomfortable and painful on the longer rides. Riding this year, post surgery, there is no comparison! Completely pain free and much more enjoyable. As mentioned by other riders, keep up on your post surgery exercises and physio and you will be fine!

UPDATE:

Yesterday was beautiful.....I just couldn't resist.....so I went for a short ride.

It went great! No pain, no sharp jolts going over bumps, better range of motion to operate brake pedal.

And....when I was done I could walk!!!! In the past it was a struggle to get off the bike and make it to the garage.

I was out about 45 minutes and rode 25 miles or so. It felt fantastic to ride without pain or discomfort!!!!

I'm glad both of you are doing so well,I think within the next few years my wife may have to go this route and it sure is good to hear that you have come out of it so much better:D

Back