free website stats program Riders with Diabetes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riders with Diabetes

I'm still "pre diabetic" (blood sugar higher than a 100, but less than 130), still I make sure I have snacks on the bike like nuts and jerky and, I carry those tea and flavored fruit packs that you add to a bottle of water to make a refreshing drink. So far no issues, and I did a 3000 mile ride last summer.

Khewell, gets worse each year, and cuts that you don't know you have pour out the blood, thinking of dropping by the blood bank to pick up a spare pint before my next road trip

I've been a diabetic for 43 years, the last 12 on an insulin pump. Have never had any problems. Been a Snow plow jockey for a highway dept for 34 years, firefighter/emt for 37 years, have 75 flight time hours in a single prop plane,and flown hot air balloons. Raced cars, and have ridden my 'baby' for countless hours at a time. It ALWAYS sticks in the back of my mind, that I am DIFFERENT than most people. I test my bg's at least 8-10 times a day being so active. As I said....it's ALWAYS in the back of your mind. Use common sense and don't over do things. PLAN your stops, test yourself, and above all....ENJOY YOURSELF. The worst thing that you can do, is to worry so much about yourself that it interferes with your ride. Proper planning is the key. After typing all this, think I'll go and find me a candy bar.....HEH HEH HEH :newsmile055:

BRIAN

Back