free website stats program Rider Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Rider Backrest

harleypr

Account Removed
I have an 09 Deluxe. On longer rides I could sure use a backrest. It doesn't need to be real large, just enough to support my lower back. I like the stock seat and don't want to change it. Are there any custom backrests out there that you have made and look good and function well? I have a couple of ideas and will post pictures of finished product. I am thinking of using a Deluxe stock tank protector as part of the pad covering because then it would tie everything together. Please give me your best suggestions. Thanks to all!

Thank you Im going to look into it right away. Does the material its made from match up with the stock seat well ?

Yes it does. I got the Heritage model because it's bigger and curved. It also has the same studs as the seat and bags. Talked to Firehouse Customs awhile ago and the larger, curved one will be available soon for the Deluxes. Great product!

I got mine at firehousecustoms.com. Works with the stock seat, no mods, easily removed.

The only reason I want to make my own is that the Firehousecustoms seems SO big. Does it detract from the bike in your opinion and would you like a smaller pad if it was available? Apparently you can return an item if is unused so I may try that also. Thanks for the input.:p

Mine from forehousecustoms is the standard size not the larger curved model. I was afraid it might be too small but it's perfect (for me), looks ust like the pics in their website. If you decide it's too large and you want something smaller you could remove the pad and use the spring steel mounting bracket with it and add your own pad. But yes, for me at 52 years-old and one back surgery it makes a world of difference in long rides.

Hi guys will this back rest fold down flat? Is there any adjustment to the backrest up, down, or against the back?

Back