free website stats program Reverse motor | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Reverse motor

Rhino 2, just wondering how many miles was on your 11 Tri Glide when the reverse motor died. My wifes is a 2012 and only has about 3500 miles on it and the reverse motor just died. Naturally it is 4 months out of warranty. The mechanic at the dealer was really decent and let me borrow their Harley manual for the 2012 trike which includes trouble shooting/testing and removal/replacement of the reverse starter. There is a local shop I have used many times close by in Neillsville, Wi that the guy can fix anything, so I am going to yank it out and take to him to rebuild.
Thanks!

The brushes were stuck. Cleaned up & back on the road for $15. Local dealer has one in with the same problem. The guy that fixed it said the only thing he could think is possibly humidity caused the brushes to stick. He said they were like new with no wear on them. He had new brushes/bearings in stock and said it is basically a standard Hitachi starter with a reduction gear in it. HD lists a new reverse motor/starter for over $1400. What a steal!

The reverse stopped working on my 11T/G, So I pulled the motor [reverse/starter] I took it a part and the brushes are worn/cumbering . Does anyone know where I can get them, Seems like they only come with a new motor.. I can get brushes for any starter except the reverse motor.
I have been searching online on the best method to get at the motor, remove it for repair, and the reinstall it. Can you share any information you might have. Thanks!

Back