free website stats program retro fit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

retro fit

thanks guys, like i told jack, i'm gonna try using the longer adjustment rod. yes to ur ? it's an hd clutch & gear box. u know what, it has a 1" offset in for the wider tire & the belt primary ( extranal). i put the 1" offset ring in it, so mayby i need to use the 1" longer rod. what ya'll think?

A longer rod would give you more adjustment for fine tuning and complete separation of the discs worth a shot, Do I understand the clutch does not fully disengage and you have no free travel?

bubbie, thanks man. i tried the longer rod, but then i can't get the derby cover on.. i wanted another project bike, i guess i got it. how far should i run in on the cable, all the way?

bubbie, thanks man. i tried the longer rod, but then i can't get the derby cover on.. i wanted another project bike, i guess i got it. how far should i run in on the cable, all the way?

Is this the correct clutch hub for your tranny, and do you have the correct length clutch cable and not too tight when you swing the handle bars

HD98XLH016.gif

COUNT your plates to see IF they match gliders diagram,,,,,,, too many???

signed....BUBBIE

I think the diagram of the clutch glider put up is pre 98 and by 98 a new clutch was in use that had 9 friction and 8 plain plates

VAT Free Harley Davidson Parts

this should be a 1999 clutch but the part numbers are 98 or earlier but the plates etc are all -98

Brian

Back