free website stats program Replacement Brake Pads for Heritage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Replacement Brake Pads for Heritage

I tend to prefer to use OEM brake pads as they will be a good match for the brake disc aftermarket pads can be cheaper but some can promote more rapid wear of the disc or the disc may get hotter and warp

Brian

Thanks to everyone that replied to my brake pad question. It is interesting to see on this forum what others have used for replacement pads.

I don't want a metallic pad. I want to avoid excessive wear on the rotor so I looked online to research the Lyndall pads and discovered they have three styles to select from. I selected the Z-Plus pad as my choice since it sounds like an OEM version. What I don't like is Harley doesn't give any specs on their pads; i.e., material used, average life expectancy, etc. I would like to know what Harley pads are made of. Anyone know?

With respect to the Lyndall pads, no one here indicated what Lyndall pad they used. Maybe some of you who replied can be specific as to what Lyndall pad you used.

What I discovered is the Lyndall pads are actually more expensive than the Harley OEM pad. Both front and rear pads were $49.95 for each set. Ouch!

What I discovered is the Lyndall pads are actually more expensive than the Harley OEM pad. Both front and rear pads were $49.95 for each set. Ouch!

Yes, but brakes are one of those areas where you definitely don't want to skimp and have ANY doubts in your mind as you're motoring down the highway. Better to bite the bullet and spend the money on good, quality pads plenty early enough to ensure peace of mind.

Yes, but brakes are one of those areas where you definitely don't want to skimp. Better to bite the bullet and spend the money on good, quality pads plenty early enough to ensure peace of mind.

I agree. So what are you implying? The Lyndall brqakes are the "good quality" brake pads? Or perhaps the HD pads? Or something else?

I don't want a metallic pad. I want to avoid excessive wear on the rotor so I looked online to research the Lyndall pads and discovered they have three styles to select from. I selected the Z-Plus pad as my choice since it sounds like an OEM version. What I don't like is Harley doesn't give any specs on their pads; i.e., material used, average life expectancy, etc. I would like to know what Harley pads are made of. Anyone know?

With respect to the Lyndall pads, no one here indicated what Lyndall pad they used. Maybe some of you who replied can be specific as to what Lyndall pad you used.

I am using the Lyndall Z-Plus pads. I paid $38.66 per set, delivered, from the vendor I mentioned in my previous post.

I agree. So what are you implying? The Lyndall brqakes are the "good quality" brake pads? Or perhaps the HD pads? Or something else?

The only thing I was "implying" was that you shouldn't dwell on the cost when it comes time to replace your brake pads - it's a highly necessary cost no matter what brand you go with.

I used the Z-Plus pads, they do exactly as described on the Lyndall site. Going to order front Z-Plus pads too!
wilks3

Back