free website stats program Removing Rear Wheel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing Rear Wheel

You talk about a gauge for the tention of the belt. What is that? I am very new to HD. But I do want to make sure I do it right. I am mechanically inclined but never worked on bikes and would like to take back tire off so I can have the tire changed. Thanks again.

2007 roadking classic

There available at the HD dealers or online...

tn163s3.jpg

You talk about a gauge for the tention of the belt. What is that? Thanks again.

2007 roadking classic

It is a spring scale that is used to apply pressure to the belt and measure the deflection. Example:
with my '09 on the ground, stone cold drive train, while applying 10 lbs of pressure to the belt, it should defect 1/4" or 2 grid markings on the stone cover.

Your deflection amount may be different.

Edit!

You guys have been a great help. I have to look more at other posts to help me with my HD. Sounds to me the rear tire removal on my 2007 Road King is a techs job. If you dont get it right your really (edited). lol. As stated in prior post "the newer models (07 up) have a cam type rear axle adjuster that would differ in setup/adjustment after the wheel is replaced." Sounds to me like the adjustment on this type of model, you have to know what you are really doing. I think rather than saving money at this point I am going to have someone install this one. Looks like I need to invest in a sevice manual. Anyone have any ideas who has them and how much? Thank you again for all your help, Jim

2007 Roadking Classic

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

The manual will run about $60 depending on where you get it.

Removing the rear wheel really isn't hard at all.

Back