free website stats program Removing inner screw on TPS | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Removing inner screw on TPS

Breeze3at may be right about '07 being the 1st. year for EITMS. Could be due to 1st year of the O2 sensors. Just a thought.
tourbox

TPS & IAC both or either can give the symptoms you have posted. Keep us informed on what fixes it.

I know my model's year doesn't have EITMS but I did read that the early models before that feature did have something that resembled a parade mode but that could have just been someone on the internet talking out their (EDIT).

I will hopefully have the time Sunday night to poke around some more and I'll give the IAC clean a shot and try the tps again if I can get to it.

Will fill ya in :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got around to it. Was able to use a torx bit and a ratching 1/4" wrench and a pair of needle nose pliers to get the inner screw out and back in the TPS. Sprayed a good amount of carb cleaner in the sensor hole at 12 o'clock and 10 o'clock. It's currently raining and will be for a few days so I'll have to see if that did anything once the weather clears up.
Thanks for the help!

Have you tried a 1/4" micro driver? I have found this kit useful in tight situations, if the torx bit can fit between the TPS and the cylinder head, this will usually work. You should check the TPS before installing to make sure it needs replacing. What gives you reason to think the TPS is malfunctioning?

This is what I used just a few weeks ago. My kit is made by Sunnex. No problem and whole swap out took maybe 20 minutes.

Back