free website stats program Redline shock Proof | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline shock Proof

I've been using Redline for quite some time. used the regular shockproof in the original tranny. Put the Baker in and they recommend the heavy so I'm using it now. Their engine oil is superior to others in my opinion.

Here's another place to shop:

Red Line Motorcycle Powerpack Kits

Ok, I put Redline Shockproof in the Ultra and finally the rain stopped long enough I could go for a ride.
By far the tranny shifts better than it ever has, especially after the first couple of miles.
This is some really slippery stuff.

Ron
WAP.gif

Just a heads up for you guys that are going to order Redline 20W60W engine oil from the above link.(F&L Petroleum Products).

I ordered a case of this oil on the 16th of April and was wondering why I had not received it.
Called today and was told that they are issuing me a refund and will not be getting anymore of this product.

Too bad, this was the best price I had seen.

Ron:newsmile042:

I just answer a LONG e-mail from a New member asking about the Redline products.

The Biggest Difference I KNOW is that the 20/50&60 V-twin motor oils have a Little more anti wear in them... any saying V-Twin also cost 3$ more a quart.

Are they worth the 3$..??? Not in my experience with Redline Products.

I will still use the 20/50 engine oil I have used for years and NO problems from it.

The engineer at Redline asked me a question back when I asked IS it worth the 3$ more a quart. He asked Me,,,
(knowing I have used their product for many years)

"Have you ever had a problem using the 20/50 motor oil in your many bikes?"..... NO I said .... He said "Then there you have Your answer".:D

I use
Redline 20/50 even here in HOT Az.
(6 row Jagg thermostat cooler mounted on my 09 FLHR down tube left side)
MTL in the primary
ShockProof Heavy Gear Oil in the tranny.

signed....BUBBIE

This is the Long drawn out e-mail I gave to a New member. His short question gets Tough to keep short on the answer:guitar

YES, I have a LOT of experience in the Redline and oils for Harley's... That company SHOULD pay me but they don't even offer a quart for free.

Simply put...

I would use a 20/50 in Washington. Heck, I Still use the 20/50 Redline oil NOT the v-twin 20/60... Here in HOT Az.

(a jagg 6 row oil cooler, thermostatic control works great for these HOT harley bikes,,, a MUST even up there)

Nothing against using the v-twin from Redline but Why spend the 3 bucks a quart more?

I know from talking to the people at Redline the the V-twin Primary is the SAME as MTL in the yellow quart. Look at the V-twin Primary on line and it will say "The same as our MTL" or close to that in saying.

I have talked with a tech (Dave) at Redline and also have sold their product while in Wa. years ago, BEFORE the re-label of their product.

Knowing they went to a New label to attract the V-twin crowd, Mostly it was just that, RE-Lable and add 3$...

I do know in the silver V-twin 20/50&60 Motor engine oil they DO have a LITTLE more anti wear added to it.Is it worth the 3$, I say NO.

I would only use the 20/50 Plane Jane stuff in the regular blue label. It is the best on the synthetic market and I never felt the need for MORE of the anti wear...

When I asked their engineer that question about the More anti wear and the 3$ a bottle,,, he asked me, How long have you used the reg redline 20/50 and have you ever had a problem?

I said for many Years and No Problems ever from lubrications stand point. He said "There you have your answer"

"You can spend the extra money or use the regular reds you have been using"...

I KNOW that the MTL is the same as the V-twin primary oil (says so on their site might even be on the bottle)... The color May be different as the MTL is reddish in color and the other clear or light blue?

I'll send you a Redline products link to look at. Check out the V-twin prices 3$ a quart more.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Motor Oil - 20W50 Motor Oil

I also know that the v-twin tranny with shockproof is the Exact same as the pinkish ShockProof Heavy product... Redline told me so.

so I will leave you this...

I would use the 20/50 engine oil... Especially in cooler Wa.
MTL primary oil
ShockProof Heavy tranny Gear Oil...

IF I changed out to use a lighter Gear Oil , it would be the 75W140 ShockProof light weight BUT only if freezing out during the winter months of below 40* in Wa. The heavy will work just fine and did for me when I'm up there.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - ShockProof® Gear Oils

There you have it.

signed....BUBBIE

This is the Long drawn out e-mail I gave to a New member. His short question gets Tough to keep short on the answer:guitar

YES, I have a LOT of experience in the Redline and oils for Harley's... That company SHOULD pay me but they don't even offer a quart for free.

Simply put...

I would use a 20/50 in Washington. Heck, I Still use the 20/50 Redline oil NOT the v-twin 20/60... Here in HOT Az.

(a jagg 6 row oil cooler, thermostatic control works great for these HOT harley bikes,,, a MUST even up there)

Nothing against using the v-twin from Redline but Why spend the 3 bucks a quart more?

I know from talking to the people at Redline the the V-twin Primary is the SAME as MTL in the yellow quart. Look at the V-twin Primary on line and it will say "The same as our MTL" or close to that in saying.

I have talked with a tech (Dave) at Redline and also have sold their product while in Wa. years ago, BEFORE the re-label of their product.

Knowing they went to a New label to attract the V-twin crowd, Mostly it was just that, RE-Lable and add 3$...

I do know in the silver V-twin 20/50&60 Motor engine oil they DO have a LITTLE more anti wear added to it.Is it worth the 3$, I say NO.

I would only use the 20/50 Plane Jane stuff in the regular blue label. It is the best on the synthetic market and I never felt the need for MORE of the anti wear...

When I asked their engineer that question about the More anti wear and the 3$ a bottle,,, he asked me, How long have you used the reg redline 20/50 and have you ever had a problem?

I said for many Years and No Problems ever from lubrications stand point. He said "There you have your answer"

"You can spend the extra money or use the regular reds you have been using"...

I KNOW that the MTL is the same as the V-twin primary oil (says so on their site might even be on the bottle)... The color May be different as the MTL is reddish in color and the other clear or light blue?

I'll send you a Redline products link to look at. Check out the V-twin prices 3$ a quart more.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Motor Oil - 20W50 Motor Oil

I also know that the v-twin tranny with shockproof is the Exact same as the pinkish ShockProof Heavy product... Redline told me so.

so I will leave you this...

I would use the 20/50 engine oil... Especially in cooler Wa.
MTL primary oil
ShockProof Heavy tranny Gear Oil...

IF I changed out to use a lighter Gear Oil , it would be the 75W140 ShockProof light weight BUT only if freezing out during the winter months of below 40* in Wa. The heavy will work just fine and did for me when I'm up there.

Red Line Synthetic Oil - ShockProof® Gear Oils

There you have it.

signed....BUBBIE

Well put! I would like to put redline products on my 2010 Road King Classic! :bigsmiley12:

I have seen alot of bikers who talk about Redline that own RK, Ultra, Dyna, and others but not Sportster... I wonder is that because of small engine (883)? My wife has 2011 883 Superlow bike.

I will order Redline!!! Thanks Buddie! :bigsmiley12:

On the Sporty,
I would use the 20/50 Redline in the motor and use Formula+ by HD in the primary/tranny

signed....BUBBIE

Back