free website stats program Redline shock Proof | Harley Davidson Forums

Redline shock Proof

ronhend

I have been thinking of changing to Redline Shockproof Heavy for my 6 Speed ultra classic.
I saw that Redline makes V-twin trans oil with shockproof.
Anyone tried this oil versus shockproof heavy?

Just curious which would be better.

Thanks,

Ron
WAP.gif

I have been thinking of changing to Redline Shockproof Heavy for my 6 Speed ultra classic.
I saw that Redline makes V-twin trans oil with shockproof.
Anyone tried this oil versus shockproof heavy?

Just curious which would be better.

Thanks,

Ron
WAP.gif

A while back, Redline Wanted the Biker Business and Did a Label Change on their products.. V-TWIN and added a few $$ for saying that on the new V-Twin LABELS..

I asked a engineer tech at Redline, As I have used their products for many bikes and many miles.

(even sold it Retail at one time)

ShockProof Heavy and Heavy ShockProof are the same and V-Twin transmission oil with ShockProof IS the same stuff...

Just the label change and added $$ for doing so.

I use
Redline 20/50 OR 20/60 in my bike engines.
MTL (yellow bottle) in the primary
Redline Heavy ShockProof in the tranny. (pink label)

ALL the same GREAT Stuff as the "V-twin label" but a few $$ less...:newsmile093:

A good price for the 20/60 Redline for the engine is in this link;

REDLINE MOTORCYCLE OIL 20W60 - Buy Online Now! REDLINE MOTORCYCLE ...

I have Not found it cheaper and usually THAT 20/60 is More.

signed....BUBBIE

That was kind of what I suspected, that it was the same stuff with a different label.

Thanks for the link, I'll get some ordered.

Ron
WAP.gif

Put that Pork Chop down rider need assistance in aisle 2:p Bubbie is the go to guy on this one for sure

Jack, That IS exactly what I was doing...How did you Know?

Good old PorkChops... Bring back Memories...:newsmile011:

I should of added that the engine V-twin label and 20/60 Motor oil has a little more "anti wear" (? zink) added to it...

Other than that,:newsmile093: save your money and buy the regular Redline products..

The under a 100$$ for a case of 12 quarts of 20/60 is the best price I have ever seen.:newsmile093:

signed....BUBBIE

like other have stated red line shock proof is a syn. gear oil for the tranny. thats what you want. otherwise spectro is a excellent oil also for the engine. i just like the R/L 20x60 SYN OIL for the engine. (This is the only -60 wt oil)
i have found. but have to order it frim jaggs.com.

Old habits are hard to break aint they, This goes a ways back doesnt it my friend

Back