free website stats program Rear Shocks on 2009 Ultra Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear Shocks on 2009 Ultra Classic

Neil; I got looking around and I guess the police air compressors are for the seat. There's one for sale for $150, looks like it has the same tubing as the shocks on my '07 EG.

Thanks for that. I never knew that the police bikes had air seat adjustment. I'll keep my eyes open. I assume that they fit pretty neatly so they would be ideal.

Cheers

Neil

Maybe you have a problem with your shocks, the dealer just replaced the shocks on my 05 Ultra Classic, they were shot, I rode a guys 09 Ultra and it rode smooth as can be.

The dealer has checked the shocks and they reckon they are fine. A few of you have suggested that I put a lot more air in the shocks and see how it goes. I did try this in the past and it helped on some surfaces but was a lot worse on others.
I will try putting heaps more into them and see how it pans out.

Intersting story in this though, a friend of mine recently took an '10 SG for a test and declared it waaaayyy rougher and less comfortable than his Heritage. He ended up buying a new Heritage and was dissapointed with the ride on the SG tourer. Loved everything else about the bike just did not like the harsh ride in the rear end.

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's a compressor on the police bikes. There is an air reservoir with a guage and fitting. On the police bikes they place them under the luggage rack in front of the licence plate.
I had an air horn with a small compressor on my last bike but no idea what the compressor capacity was. It was about 4" by 2". There may be compressors that size that would work. Seems to me stopping and using the pump might be a whole lot less hassle/expense.

Hello
I have owned o3 RK, 07 EGC and curent ride the 09 Ultra average 15K a year and I would not trade the curent ride for anything Yes the ride is firmer but I would rather have better stability then the slight differance in comfort.

My .02 cents worth
BuffaloBILL

Back