free website stats program rear ended | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

rear ended

update on the accident, the police officer called me today and said the other driver was cited to court on the four charges and his first appearance will be monday (10-29-12).
Also the adjuster called and told me to take the bike to whichever shop I want to and they will get with them to figure out the estimate to repair it. Hopefully they will come close to the same amount to repair it. Thanks for all the advise today, I really appreciate it.

update on the accident, the police officer called me today and said the other driver was cited to court on the four charges and his first appearance will be monday (10-29-12).
Also the adjuster called and told me to take the bike to whichever shop I want to and they will get with them to figure out the estimate to repair it. Hopefully they will come close to the same amount to repair it. Thanks for all the advise today, I really appreciate it.

Keep us updated on the case. I'm interested in how it turns out. Get the insurance to total the bike and get a nice brand new one :D
Good luck.

Oh yeah, and don't sign anything with the insurance company until you are completely satisfied with the results of the repairs, or any medical issues. Once you sign off, you are done and they won't be responsible for any future problems resulting from the wreck.

cant hardly wait until he see me in court and find out that I am a officer with the sheriff's dept, if he doesnt know yet. He does have a lengthy driving record so he may end up with some jail time, i'm hoping. Will let you know when I find out. Thanks Guys

cant hardly wait until he see me in court and find out that I am a officer with the sheriff's dept, if he doesnt know yet. He does have a lengthy driving record so he may end up with some jail time, i'm hoping. Will let you know when I find out. Thanks Guys

would love to see the look on his face....that will send him for a bit of a loop. Good luck with your repairs and hope your on the road again soon

cant hardly wait until he see me in court and find out that I am a officer with the sheriff's dept, if he doesnt know yet.

I didn't know that either. Oooops, I swear it wasn't me officer. It was that other guy that looked like me. He went that way. If you hurry I think you can catch him :D

glazier, you wouldnt believe how many times an officer hears someone say something just like that.

He first told the officer that he had loaned his call to a friend while they were at McDonalds and didnt want to give the friend name because he didnt want to get him in trouble. Officer told him thats not a problem because McDonalds has all kind of security cameras and he would go back and look at them to see who got in his car. At that time he confessed that it was him

Last edited by a moderator:
He first told the officer that he had loaned his call to a friend while they were at McDonalds and didnt want to give the friend name because he didnt want to get him in trouble. Officer told him thats not a problem because McDonalds has all kind of security cameras and he would go back and look at them to see who got in his car. At that time he confessed that it was him

surprising how people try to get out of things...maybe his mom believes him :D

Make sure that the estimate that the dealers gives you is the same as the Insrance Co. If it's close you are good. If it is way off then you have a fight on your hands. ...

One thing I like about Florida is that it's not up to the insurance company. If the dealer says it will cost X amount, that is what insurance MUST pay....Even if you don't have anything repaired by the dealer. You can do the repairs yourself and put the difference in your pocket. They also have to pay for a loaner vehicle...If your bike was your primary transportation, they only have to pay for a small car....even if you don't do a rental...but only for up to a max of 30 days.

It may be time for you to lawyer up, but it sounds as if you will file with your own insurance co. so don't push it....:s

One thing I like about Florida is that it's not up to the insurance company. If the dealer says it will cost X amount, that is what insurance MUST pay....Even if you don't have anything repaired by the dealer. You can do the repairs yourself and put the difference in your pocket. They also have to pay for a loaner vehicle...If your bike was your primary transportation, they only have to pay for a small car....even if you don't do a rental...but only for up to a max of 30 days.

It may be time for you to lawyer up, but it sounds as if you will file with your own insurance co. so don't push it....:s

Unless the law has been changed here in Fl, my bike was down for 16 weeks to the day, the other insurance company had me in a rental the whole time:D

Glad you're okay and hope you'll be back in the saddle soon. You might park a brand new bike on your driveway, good luck!

Back