free website stats program Rear cylinder shut down | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear cylinder shut down

The touring bikes are different, you have the choice to engage and disengage yourself. I believe it should be in your owners manual as the how to.
I actually got mine to shut off the rear today in traffic. A longer than normal red light, while sitting there, the Head Temp Sensor finally kicked in, injector shut down, bike shook a little more than normal, hit the throttle, injector kicks in. I can see where this may help with minimal fuel savings. When the injector shuts down, the rear jug acts like a air pump and cools the rear jug down.

Well, I gave this a try and here's what happened… After turning the ignition on I turned the throttle back and held it for about three seconds and the cruise light started flashing that amber color… I let off and turned it back again and after about three seconds the cruise light started flashing green… Did the sequence once again and it flashed amber again. Didn’t get to actually test it in town because Tropical storm Fay is hanging around. Thing is I just stopped by the Harley shop a few days ago to have them turn it off for me… Guess they took it in the back and twisted the throttle huh…

Sorry about this mulitple reply... I thought It didn't take the first time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I gave this a try and here's what happened… After turning the ignition on I turned the throttle back and held it for about three seconds and the cruise light started flashing that amber color… I let off and turned it back again and after about three seconds the cruise light started flashing green… Did the sequence once again and it flashed amber again. Didn’t get to actually test it in town because Tropical storm Fay is hanging around. Thing is I just stopped by the Harley shop a few days ago to have them turn it off for me… Guess they took it in the back and twisted the throttle huh…

Yep!!

Well, I gave this a try and here's what happened… After turning the ignition on I turned the throttle back and held it for about three seconds and the cruise light started flashing that amber color… I let off and turned it back again and after about three seconds the cruise light started flashing green… Did the sequence once again and it flashed amber again. Didn’t get to actually test it in town because Tropical storm Fay is hanging around. Thing is I just stopped by the Harley shop a few days ago to have them turn it off for me… Guess they took it in the back and twisted the throttle huh

How much did they charge for that complicated service? :D

No charge... However... If I go back they'll change me... They said they would turn it off or on one time with no fee...

Back