free website stats program Rear cylinder shut down | Harley Davidson Forums

Rear cylinder shut down

Fireguy

I have a 2008 UC built in Jan. 08. My dealer said that my bike has a mode that I can turn on and off for my rear cylinder when I am at an idle. The later models in 2008 came with the feature and the new 2009 are automatic. Is this true and if so how do I operate this feature.

Funny you bring this up, my dealer wants to do this to my bike as I have a pinging issue, but he says mine is in the form of a download. I've had someone else tell me you can do it yourself and it's in the owners manual. I haven't looked yet. The reason this can be done is, because these bikes run to damn hot because of EPA! I don't know what HD calls their early model year builds, but I picked mine up in the second half of April this year. This is their effort to try and cool these engines down, Before I try this, I've ordered a set of IED's to install first.

I have a 2008 UC built in Jan. 08. My dealer said that my bike has a mode that I can turn on and off for my rear cylinder when I am at an idle. The later models in 2008 came with the feature and the new 2009 are automatic. Is this true and if so how do I operate this feature.

Turn the throttle all the way to full off ( back as far as it will go) and hold it till you see the cruise control light flash either green for "system is on" or red for "system is off"..... Turning throttle backwards turns it on and off. Just takes about 3-5 seconds for it to change.

After being stuck in traffic last weekend for 45 mins ill turn mine on i believe

My 08 FLHX has stalled on me in traffic 5 times on long rides so far.As I have cruise and all 5 times have lead a group on long highway journeys to different events,I have narrowed my problem down to this feature.Every time my bike has stalled in traffic after a highway trip useing cruise which enables the rear cylender shut down.In my opinion it realy blows when your new bike stalls because a cylinder shut down.Ten tears on my EVO and I cant ever recall it stalling in traffic.

My 08 FLHX has stalled on me in traffic 5 times on long rides so far.As I have cruise and all 5 times have lead a group on long highway journeys to different events,I have narrowed my problem down to this feature.Every time my bike has stalled in traffic after a highway trip useing cruise which enables the rear cylender shut down.In my opinion it realy blows when your new bike stalls because a cylinder shut down.Ten tears on my EVO and I cant ever recall it stalling in traffic.

Sounds like there is something more going on than rear cylinder heat management system. My rear cylinder cuts out when sitting in traffic but never stalls out.

The EXIDE's are to help withthe ping, so I'm told by Steve. Reading some of these posts makes me wonder If mine is already enabeled, as at a stop in traffic, sometimes it sounds as if I've lost a little power when I slightly rev the motor. How can I tell If this feature is on my bike or me having the ability to turn it on myself?? Is there a way I can check this??

Turn the throttle all the way to full off ( back as far as it will go) and hold it till you see the cruise control light flash either green for "system is on" or red for "system is off"..... Turning throttle backwards turns it on and off. Just takes about 3-5 seconds for it to change.

The EXIDE's are to help withthe ping, so I'm told by Steve. Reading some of these posts makes me wonder If mine is already enabeled, as at a stop in traffic, sometimes it sounds as if I've lost a little power when I slightly rev the motor. How can I tell If this feature is on my bike or me having the ability to turn it on myself?? Is there a way I can check this??

Follow steps above.
When it activates on my bike, there is a difference in exhaust tone and bike vibrates and exhaust smells weird ( can't explain that) just smells different.

i have that feature turned on on my 08 RK but I cant really tell a difference (sound, vibration, or temp). No funny smells either. I put the digital oil gauge on my bike a couple of weeks ago and still see no change via the gauge. Bike runs about 225 F. Maybe its these 100+ deg Houston summer days I dont know.

Back