free website stats program Ran over a Mattress doing 70 today | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ran over a Mattress doing 70 today

glad it worked out on the psotive side for you. I watched a tire come off a truck two weekends ago and take a guy off a bike on I-20. I could not tell if he tried to dodge it and lost control or not. Anyway makes you rethink your stratigies when riding in traffic.

Glad you made it through that one safe. I always worry when I see a pickup loaded to the top of the cab and some twine holding everything in.

Some day we must ride together the RG will hit 40,000 be for snow flys

Yes we should. Most times I don't get time to go on a long ride, just a lot of shorter toolin around. You ever get out this way?

I went over every inch of my bike this morning and just a few hangin threads. Could've been a lot worse.

I saw one today tied to the top of a car on the freeway and it was ready for take off with the wind blowing underneath the front edge of the mattress. I thought of this post and backed her way down.

Wow. Glad you made it through that mess. Just to put my two cents in but, its not always cagers that pack badly? Was on roadtrip and saw a sportster up ahead of me piled high with stuff. Saw something drop and barely moved over before an airborn hatchet (yes a small axe) went whizzing by me. He had it bungee corded to the back of his pack? Ahem. :small3d007:

Reading this reminded me of a couple of weeks ago. My wife and I were going on a run up to Houston. About 10 miles from the house I ended up coming up behind a pick-up that had a wall closet in the back. For some reason something told me to slow down. A moment later the unit came flying out of the back of the truck and broke into pieces on the hwy. Luckily I had fallen far enough behind as to maneuver through the debris. And yes the pucker factor was high!

I am definitely going to ride differently on the highway from now on. Toolin along doin 70+ in 3 lanes of tight traffic with no reaction time was not too smart on my part.

I am definitely going to ride differently on the highway from now on. Toolin along doin 70+ in 3 lanes of tight traffic with no reaction time was not too smart on my part.

Glad to hear you kept it upright. I would have to grab my clean drawers out of the bag after an experience like that. I ride I94 daily in mellow hours, here and there i catch peek time. need to keep your head on the task thats for sure. seems when you get comfy distance between the traffic ahead, some joker will pass you doing 90 cut in your lane then hit the breaks. I love them chuckleheads. stay safe. If i hear anyone that lost a mattress, I'll direct them your way.

Back