free website stats program Rain, rain, go away ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rain, rain, go away ?

Rain suit...what is that :) Keep telling myself to get one, but till I get some bags there is just no room in the small backpack to carry one, so I just hope I make it home every time I ride.

The Frogg Toggs products come with a carry pouch and they roll up small and tight enough it would be real easy to just bungee on the seat behind you.

Even though I carry rain gear I won't stop tp put it on if i am almost home. When it looks like I'm going to get caught in the rain I initially want to hurry up and get home to try and beat the rain. If I get caught in a total downpour then I just quit hurrying to try to beat it home and actually surrender to the rain. I mean, I am all ready saturated, I can't get any wetter!:p So long as I make it home safely that is all I care about. I won't intentionally head out in the rain though. If I can avoid it, I will. I know one thing, in the summertime here in Massachusetts there is a potential for a shower just about any day when we have very hot temps and a lot of volatility in the air.

Years ago a local biker got caght in the rain. He pulled over onder an overpass to wait it out. A car came along and lost control and took him out. From that point on I keep going. Its bad enough we are not seen on a bright sunny day. I am not hanging around to get hit while putting on a suit. JMO.

Years ago a local biker got caght in the rain. He pulled over onder an overpass to wait it out. A car came along and lost control and took him out. From that point on I keep going. Its bad enough we are not seen on a bright sunny day. I am not hanging around to get hit while putting on a suit. JMO.

Good point. Overpasses are tempting but not a good place to stop. Cars might try to pull over there for some reason and not see you due to the rain. Could be fatal at worst or really mess up your bike. Better to head for a gas station with a roof or even some place you can jump off the bike and get yourself to dryness and safety. It hurts to leave your baby out in the rain but you do what you gotta do!

Here in Montana there was snow on some of the mountain passes today and it rained all day in the valley. Rode more in March than the past two months.
:small3d009:

Wife and I were three blocks away from home got caught at a construction single lane thing and watched a toad choker come up from our back. If we were able to keep moving, we would have made it home dry. We were in about the same shape as you describe when we got home less than five minutes later.

Keep going when I'm alone. It's too hot in summer to put rain gear on. If Mrs. and I are on a trip and looks like we are heading into rain and not already wet, we'll stop and gear up. Last couple weeks here in western Ohio if you want to ride you just about have to ride in the rain.

Just made a run down to So FL and Back got caught in a lot of showers but was too hot to put the rain gear on .. A few times the rain actually felt good to cool off with 100+ Index Heat ..

Roger That Jayson, we are having a real hot summer with afternoon storms just like the old days:D

Back