free website stats program Rain, rain, go away ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Rain, rain, go away ?

RetiredJake

Got some rain this morning for the first time in about a week and a half, we were starting to need it. Unfortunately, I was about 3 miles from home when it started. Do you have any idea just how soaked you can get on a motorcycle in a driving rain? I was completely and totally wet, water dripping off me in the garage when I finally got home,shoes squishing as I walked into the house, and laughing my head off. I haven’t been caught in the rain like that since I was a little kid, made me feel like one again. :lolrolling

How about it, if you're just a couple or three miles from home as the rain starts, do you ride through it, or get your rainsuit out, or head for cover?

I left work about a month ago and it was just droping a little. I said to my self, its not going to rain before I get home. Well how wrong I was. I got about 2 miles out and a mosoon came and I live on about a 1/4 mile of dirt road. Talking about wet and muddy too boot. But we have not had rain since, and I am crying for rain now and will gladly get wet going home if it will just rain. By the way , when I got home Tues. it was 106 on my thermo. So a little rain might cool it off a little.

I'm like you Jake, I'm going to keep on "getting it" to the house.
Just after I got my bike a couple of years ago, it seemed like "EVERYTIME"
I went out, I got caught in the rain. My riding buddies threatened to quit riding with me. I thought I was jinxed. I just kept riding until I got back to the house.

If I'm on my way home, I ain't stoppin' to put on my rainsuit. I've never really minded getting wet going home from work, but I won't even think about riding if it's looking like rain on the way in.

Years ago I was on my way home (Warrensburg, MO back them) from a trip to Tulsa, OK on my 650 Triumph. I had been chased by a storm for most of the trip but had managed to beat the rain......until I got into town. The clouds opened up and I got soaked and was only 6 blocks from the house. It rained so hard that when I put my foot down at a light there was about 2-3 inches of standing water on the street. Didn't have a rain suit in those days anyway but couldn't believe I rode all day and only got wet within blocks of the house!!!

The town I live in is 24mi through the woods with no where to pull over and it is the only way in or out. If I'm on the road headed in and the sky opens up,not much sense in stopping. During the heat of summer the rain is a welcome relief from the heat. When my wife is riding her trike she says we are drip dry and preshrunk. Ride on.

How about it, if you're just a couple or three miles from home as the rain starts, do you ride through it, or get your rainsuit out, or head for cover?

I usually go for it to get home. I am always afraid that if I stop to get suited up, the rain will just get harder.
:(
Not always the right choice...

I left work about a month ago and it was just droping a little. I said to my self, its not going to rain before I get home. Well how wrong I was. I got about 2 miles out and a mosoon came and I live on about a 1/4 mile of dirt road. Talking about wet and muddy too boot. But we have not had rain since, and I am crying for rain now and will gladly get wet going home if it will just rain. By the way , when I got home Tues. it was 106 on my thermo. So a little rain might cool it off a little.

We have plenty of rain here, I would gladly share with you all if you let me know how to ship it and where.
Not all doom and gloom though, we were out for three days this past weekend and it rained off and on, good management or good luck I don't know but we never got more than two drops on our windscreans all weekend.

Rain suit...what is that :) Keep telling myself to get one, but till I get some bags there is just no room in the small backpack to carry one, so I just hope I make it home every time I ride.

If I'm close to the house I will not bother stopping to put on my rain suit. You are already getting wet and almost home, why bother. I got caught in a down pour the day before yesterday about 15 minutes from my house and I was SOAKED when I got there. Just smiled and changed clothes.

Back