free website stats program Question on Tach install 06 Deluxe EFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question on Tach install 06 Deluxe EFI

Rick, did you connect the LGN/V wire from the tach to the Tach Output, pin #3, of the ECM? That is an unused pin. Try connecting to pin #5, Serial Data Link. The wiring diagram for the '07 Dyna shows the tach connected this way, and the wire maintains the same color code all the way.

If things still don't work, tell us what you connected each wire to. Specifics always help.

You might want to ask Admin to move this thread over to the one you initially started, for continuity.

For some reason not known to us Rick removed himself from the member list and is now only a guest and can't reply.

No, After changing the signal lead to the # 5 post on the ECM, it still didn't work, Don't know why. So I took it off the bike,

No, After changing the signal lead to the # 5 post on the ECM, it still didn't work, Don't know why. So I took it off the bike,

PS. I was having trouble logging in, so I just started over,

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, how about after the holiday we give the tach install another try.

My suggestion on the pin #5 instead of #3 was based on the tach being a Harley product but that might not be so. Sorry if that was frustrating, not my intention.

Have you looked at the HD tach and speedo combo units int he Parts and Accessories catalog? I have the 4" unit on my Sporty and had one on my Super Glide and like them, and a 5" unit would work on your '06 Softail.

Bill

I was a after market type. Probably from China. I will look at the HD model. Should have done that first Merry Christmas

A70A60DB-9979-4283-9F52-BEB933513D6F.jpeg A70A60DB-9979-4283-9F52-BEB933513D6F.jpeg Rick, I have an ‘08 Deluxe and I fitted a Harley combination Speedo/ Tach unit to mine.
It was merely a case of removing the stock speedometer and plugging the new unit back in.
From memory, it took me longer to put towels and soft rags over the tank to protect the paint when you invert the console; than to physically do the swap.
Merely unplug old: then plug in new.
So so easy.
As suggested by Silver FoX; have a look in the P and A catalogue .
Or Google “Harley tachometer for ‘06 Deluxe.”
Here’s a photo of mine above. Doubt it’ll still be available.
But to use a bad pun, you’ll get the picture.

Back