free website stats program Pushrods | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pushrods

I installed a set of Smith Brothers adjustables in my Streetglide about 15K miles ago. Installed them when I went to the hydraulic tensioners and billet cam plate and improved oil pump, They have been trouble free. Check them out.

Keep the Dirty Side Down, Ride Safe.:42:

Leog

Got the cams in and fired her up. Sounds good and good oil pressure and throttle response. Letting her cool down to re-torque the exhaust and put the heat shields on.

Went 3 rounds on the SE pushrods instead of the 2.5 it recommenced. The valve train is quite as can be.

Leaving in the AM for Destin Fl. with some friends!! ROAD TRIP!

Thanks all for your input!!

I have the SE adjustable push rods (they are not tapered) and I set them to 3 turns and there is alot of noise from the top end. I took off the rear rocker box cover to see how much oil is getting up there and it doesn't seem to be very much. The gage shows 36 psi at 1500rpm and above and I'm using HD 50W oil. What am I doing wrong. (Also replaced the lifters with new stock ones just in case that was the problem. But it wasn't.) I sure would like to get rid of that irritating noise.

I have the SE adjustable push rods (they are not tapered) and I set them to 3 turns and there is alot of noise from the top end. I took off the rear rocker box cover to see how much oil is getting up there and it doesn't seem to be very much. The gage shows 36 psi at 1500rpm and above and I'm using HD 50W oil. What am I doing wrong. (Also replaced the lifters with new stock ones just in case that was the problem. But it wasn't.) I sure would like to get rid of that irritating noise.

You have an 02? How many miles? Some of that noise could be back and forth rocker arm noise. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think you should have only .010 play back and forth on the rocker shaft.

82K miles and I did check the side play in the rocker arms and they are right at .010. I wonder if I could put a shim in there to reduce that spacing and see if that works. I just did a top end overhaul, I should have done it then.

82K miles and I did check the side play in the rocker arms and they are right at .010. I wonder if I could put a shim in there to reduce that spacing and see if that works. I just did a top end overhaul, I should have done it then.

Couldn't hurt. @ 82k I wonder if the bushings in the rockers have some wear also.

Back