free website stats program Proper Oil Changing Info | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Proper Oil Changing Info

Changing oil is a wet fill, go by the book as far as how to check it and don't overfill it or it will end up in the air cleaner.

I was in the process of changing my oil (95 Road King), noticed the Drain Plug was stripped when I removed it (Aluminum in the threads). Tried tapping back in, wasn't threading right. Would like to know a solution to the problem. Should I re-thread it and use a larger diam plug using a kit? New oil pan? any suggestions/recommendations?

I was in the process of changing my oil (95 Road King), noticed the Drain Plug was stripped when I removed it (Aluminum in the threads). Tried tapping back in, wasn't threading right. Would like to know a solution to the problem. Should I re-thread it and use a larger diam plug using a kit? New oil pan? any suggestions/recommendations?

Possibly a repair with a timesert would do the trick but it should be done by someone with the knowledge of the materials and how to do it properly. (not saying you couldn't do it either)

Back