free website stats program Progressive Rear Shocks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Progressive Rear Shocks

I put 440s on my '04 Road King 3yrs ago...If Id have known how much better the ride and handling was going to be,I would have done it a lot sooner...One one the best Mods I have done.

I am new to the whole shock thing but I know my 2011 Street Glide is leaking air. I know I can fix it easily by tracking the leak and either fixing a line or a shrader valve but my question is this: if I want to get rid of the air shocks altogether, are these progressive shocks the way to go? If so, I would assume someone makes a direct replacement? What about lower the bike just a tad? is that recommended. I rarely have a passenger as the girl friend has her own. Can someone give me some direction here. I think I would like to get this done before Sturgis. Thanks in advance!

I am new to the whole shock thing but I know my 2011 Street Glide is leaking air. I know I can fix it easily by tracking the leak and either fixing a line or a shrader valve but my question is this: if I want to get rid of the air shocks altogether, are these progressive shocks the way to go? If so, I would assume someone makes a direct replacement? What about lower the bike just a tad? is that recommended. I rarely have a passenger as the girl friend has her own. Can someone give me some direction here. I think I would like to get this done before Sturgis. Thanks in advance!

You will get more responses if you start a threat with this question.

LOL, Don, I hope you aren't promoting violence here! :D I'm hoping you meant 'thread' and not 'threat'. :lolrolling

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Poor guy, I almost felt bad after you gave away his paycheck. :p

Just goes to show that even the mods don't get a break on this site. :D

Daddy always said to pick on someone who is not quite right. Guess I know now where that leaves me.

Don't feel bad...been there, still trying to get things right...!

What is the saying, "--always right...there was a time once when I thought I was wrong, but I found out later I was...! :swoon

Oops...I have Progressive shocks on rear and their progressive springs in the forks...they work just fine...lowered bike and controlled compression and rebound dampening. :D

I am going to replace the (EDIT) air shocks on my 06 street glide with Progressive 412's shortly. I don't know if I can justify twice the money for the 440's. The streeet glide suspension stinks. My 98 Fatboy rides better.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back