free website stats program Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's)

If you have the fob present and it is the button less one, is the battery in it OK. Can you arm and disarm the alarm by walking away and coming back and do the lights flash and siren chirp if you have one so you know it's working?

If all the above is YES, then the procedure should work on it if done properly. No magic buttons here, just the procedure and the working FOB. Hope there are no cell phones on your belt or close by that may be interfering with the signal. Also try passing the FOB around the area of the side cover on the right (intake side) where the antenna is located to see if it will deactivate the alarm.

If all this fails, It looks like a trip to the dealer is in store if all the above fails.

Yes, its a buttonless and battery is fine. I did perform the procedure for entering the pin, (left signal then right) and screen went blank waiting for me to enter a correct PIn which I dont have............kinda crazy. What is the usual factory default pin, any idea?

I'm going crazy over here...I just bought a 2003 Night train EFI the guy I bought it from, which was the second owner of the bike tells me he doesn't have the alarm fobs...So I buy one from e-bay (push button type) do some reasearch and find allot of people saying you need the original fob and or code to get it working...my question is what can I do if I don't have either one...is there some kind of master rest??? I have the key and can start the bike so you would think you could do reset the alarm aswell...Can someone help me out I'm at my wit's end!!!

I have tried the pin retrieval method explained in the forum on my 07 heritage, but the odometer shows nothing. the whole led screen just flashes along with the indicators. I realise this may have been addressed before but i cant find it. I also am 600km away from the nearest HD dealer.
Any help would be excellent.

Another thing is don't try programming with a cel phone nearby especially a bluetooth capable one and do not try programming near remote garage door sensors.Both interfere and it won't work.

Back