free website stats program Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's)

This is probably a dumb question. The dealer gave me 2 Fobs when I bought my 2006 Super Glide. The dealer told me hitting the key fob twice would disarm the alarm. This is not working. Is there a trick to disarming the alarm using the key fob?

Nope - press and hold to set, and two 'clicks' to disarm. You can't be too far away from the bike when arming or disarming.

Glider I an in a similar situation. The used system I was trying to install is locked and the dealer says can't do anything with it. The security light flashes when the ignition is turned off and there is no power when you try to start the bike. Does this make sense. I don't believe I have the original fob and don't have the personnel code. Thanks

I have an 03 Ultra classic. My pin does not show up in the odometer, only the mileage. It instead is shown through flashes of the red security key symbol on the panel and flashes of both blinkers. You have to have a working fob to change it, but you don't to manually disarm it.

1) kill switch: off
2) ignition switch: on-off-on-off-on
3) left turn signal: twice
4) key fob button: twice

Both blinkers blinked once. Indicating the first digit of the code. I then pressed the left turn signal once and the red key flashed once more than previously. Count the number of times it flashes and that is the selected number. Double click the fob if that is the number you want.

The blinkers will blink twice, indicating it is on the second digit of the code. Press the left turn signal and count red key flashes, each press of the left signal advances to the next number and the key flashes correspond to the number. Double click the fob, when the red key flashes the amount of times for the number you choose.

Continue pattern to set digits 3-5 of the code.

Turn ignition off when done.

To manually override:
1) ensure system/alarm is activated
2) handle bar kill switch: off
3) ignition switch: set to accessory (not ignition)
4) turn signals: hold both immediately after turning ignition switch to accessory.

The red key will begin flashing quickly and the blinkers should blink once. Press the left turn signal until the red key flashes the number of times for the first digit of your code. Press the right signal. The blinkers will flash twice indicating it is on the second digit. Press the left turn signal and count red key flashes for the appropriate number. Continue the pattern for digits 3-5. After entering the 5th digit correctly, the system will disarm.

I have learned that if you know your code you can just press the left turn signal the number of times corresponding to the code followed by the right signal to enter it. You dont have to count each flash. EX. if your code is 1-2-3-4-5: after you turn to ACC, press both signals, get to the rapid flashing red key symbol- Press left turn signal once, right signal once, left signal twice, right signal once, left signal 3 times, right signal once, left signal 4 times, right once, left signal 5 times, right once. This disarms the security on my 03 Ultra. What ever your code, you input it with the left signal, and accept or enter it with the right signal- one press per entry.

I have tried all of the above steps on my 2010 heritage. I can get to the screen where I can change the pin number on the odometer, but it doesn't accept the new pin. I have new batteries in my fob(s), battery on the bike has been on a tender. I just ran the bike a week ago and it was fine. Went to start it today and it goes into the alarm sequence. I tried the steps to find the pin that was put into the bike when I bought it new, but it just goes to alarm if I leave the on switch in the ( on ) position for more than a few seconds. Could this be a failed tssm. I have the smart fob,( no button ) system with the siren (driving me nuts ) help please

One more note. I did convert this bike to a Trike over 2 years ago. I have not had a problem with the security system during all that time, until today. I also did not take the kick stand off for just this reason as the kick stand switch is still in play, but it stays up all the time and hasn't been a problem.. Can't figure this one out.
Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 06 buell xb12s lightning im out of town and my girlfriend got mad and took my fob my owners manual is at my house in garage how do i manually enter in my pin over ride.

I have a 06 buell xb12s lightning im out of town and my girlfriend got mad and took my fob my owners manual is at my house in garage how do i manually enter in my pin over ride.

I'm not sure if the process is the same on the Buell, but post #1 of this thread covers the manual arming / disarming procedure. If that doesn't work for you, I would have to suggest Google at this point. I'm, sure it is out there. ;) Good luck!

• Oh what a list of troubles and parts I've changed. and are still having. Problems. First when I change the float on my 2006flstfi what are the steps necessary for it to start running. More that happy a second.

Back