free website stats program Problems with 08 road glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Problems with 08 road glide

Ok guys i just finally had a day to go to the shop and talk to them about my bike and the head mech. was off today but was informed that they called dyno jet and spoke to the support there and they new what was causing my power commander to act up and the bike to backfire and stall. He said they talked with power commander and they was going to send me a new one that the radio was causing conflict with the power commander and its connections and sensors so they were going to send me a new one . i question this theory but they said it only happens to the 08's. Could have it been so stupid to be this or are they bending me over. It seems to hard to imagine this:bigsmiley21:
I know radios put off frequencies but cant imagine to this extreme. I guess i will just have to wait and see with a new one.
Thanks guys for reading my rant. My bikes been back twice and has been 3 weeks since it rested in my own garage

I can't see a connection between the two unless the PC was hooked into the radio power feed ,but with the changes in the 08 bikes, I guess anything is possible. Time will tell.

Ok guys i finally got my power commander back from dyno jet and reinstalled on the bike and have put 150 miles on her with NO backfiring and stalling. !!! Want to say thanks to glide and fisher for the inputs here. Fisher... you were right about the bug with power commander and some 08 models.
Hope this helps someone down the road who has this issue and has a new power commander but be patient cause it took 3 weeks to get my PCIII back.
Also forgive me for the comments about having a new bike with something other than Harley down the tank, I would rather push this bike than ride any other. It has been a long 5 weeks waiting to ride this new bike.
Thanks again guys !

Glider..I have a PC2...on a 04 Road King. If something where to happen to the PC can you still run it with the Harley Code thats installed...and not change anything else..not sure I'm being clear...Hope you understand what I'm trying to ask you.

Glider..I have a PC2...on a 04 Road King. If something where to happen to the PC can you still run it with the Harley Code thats installed...and not change anything else..not sure I'm being clear...Hope you understand what I'm trying to ask you.

Looks like you were asking if you could disconnect the PC and run on the stock harley download in your ECM.

The answer to that would be yes, but depending on what modifications you have done, it could be too lean and may do damage to your engine. If you have the stage 1 intake, it would be too lean, just slipons would be marginal.

Looks like you were asking if you could disconnect the PC and run on the stock harley download in your ECM.

The answer to that would be yes, but depending on what modifications you have done, it could be too lean and may do damage to your engine. If you have the stage 1 intake, it would be too lean, just slipons would be marginal.

Yes Sir Thats exactly what I was asking and thank you very much..yeah I did the stage 2 and the upgrade to 96...So then I best not...anyway never had any problems yet with my upgrade...runs great just a lost of MPG. I did know it would cost on the end however when i had it Dyno'ed. Again and as always thanks so much for a quick responce.

Forgot to ask the most important question....Is this problem only happening with the PC3's on the 08's...any problem reported with the PC 2's thats anyone is a where of? The Dyno guy at the dealer likes the PC better than the Harley Race Turner...seems it much eaiser to dyno the Pc's...His opinion is reliabilty...but now am hearing of a bug in the PC's...any comments would truly help. I've put close to 45,000 mile on my 04 Road King w/o a problem.

My question exactly!-I finally pulled my Dynatek Fueler off my bike and she fired right up.(it puked for unknown cause)-I have a PCIIIusb(bought used) that I want to install after my remote power supply and usb cables arrive(I ordered same) so I can map something richer into the fuel system.-Called and talked with two different stealers and they don't like to even install the sert tuner(which I also bought(haven't broken the seals yet) because it's too difficult to set up and not worth the $'s if it's going on a stock bike(no internal mods), but I gather they don't really know how to set it up properly. They jumped on installing my PCIII for $350. Heck, that's why I ordered the cables so I can map it myself, but if there is a known flaw with this unit(Dynojet techs didn't know what I was referring to about the 08's,said it would work just fine with canned maps on my 04 RK) I really don't want to bother with this either!!(However if it puked, you could pull it off and keep on riding)(un-like a fueler where you have to do some major wrenching,gas tank and all), so what's the opinion out there?-Sorry about the long spill

In a word...I like the TFI by Techlusion. No maps to deal with and very little setup. I doesn't do as much as the other units as it only adds fuel but these bikes run decent with just the added fuel. I think the SERT and the PC III are overkill for a harley but this is JMHO and there are many that want and have a need to tune the bike to the max. I find that these people are usually fighting pinging and preignition down the road depending on how the bike is tuned.

Thanks glider, I like the KISS method too. I'll look into the TFI(Doebeck?) and maybe just sell all the other stuff back on E-Bay(maybe on this site?) Thanks for the quick input.

Back