free website stats program Problem with new LED digital Oil Temperature/Level Dipstick | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem with new LED digital Oil Temperature/Level Dipstick

Welcome to the club! I bought one and it lasted about 4 months before the L.E.D. went haywire. The dealer actually gave me a new one after a quick call to the Harley customer service rep. So far this one has been ok but I won't be surprised if it dies too.

I looked all over the internet for an analog temp gage for Dynas with no luck. If anyone knows where I can get one to fit a 2012 Fat Bob, please post a link. I don't care about the digital level indicator, just temperature.

Welcome to the club! I bought one and it lasted about 4 months before the L.E.D. went haywire. The dealer actually gave me a new one after a quick call to the Harley customer service rep. So far this one has been ok but I won't be surprised if it dies too.

I looked all over the internet for an analog temp gage for Dynas with no luck. If anyone knows where I can get one to fit a 2012 Fat Bob, please post a link. I don't care about the digital level indicator, just temperature.
V-Twin Manufacturing LCD Dipstick Temperature Gauge | 741-469 | JP Cycles
No reviews as of yet on this one

but since mine is brand new, it should work fine. What should I do?

Just my opinion but looking at oil temp and thinking "I'm OK" only makes you feel good. Oil temp lags so far behind cylinder head temperature, it becomes almost meaningless, especially on current 96" & 103" engines.

Besides, product reliability is so poor, I couldn't trust what it was telling me anyway.

Just my opinion but looking at oil temp and thinking "I'm OK" only makes you feel good. Oil temp lags so far behind cylinder head temperature, it becomes almost meaningless, especially on current 96" & 103" engines.

Besides, product reliability is so poor, I couldn't trust what it was telling me anyway.

Hoople makes a great point.

I put an oil temp gauge in place of the worthless air temp gauge on my Street Glide and now it's just one more thing to constantly look at and worry about. There have to be thousands of Harleys out there without oil temp gauges and they're not all sitting on the side of the road melting!

If I get the chance to do it over again, I'll probably put that $$$ towards a good oil cooler and not spend it on a gauge.

Back