free website stats program Problem with new LED digital Oil Temperature/Level Dipstick | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem with new LED digital Oil Temperature/Level Dipstick

ChiroRick

I've got a 2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom...
Last week, I ordered one of those LED digital oil level/temperature dipstick from my local HD dealer. Picked it up today, and replaced the stock dipstick. It read the temperature, but it blinked the words "no sensor", and wouldn't read the oil level. Tried it cold, and tried it at operating temperature. The low battery indicator was NOT on, but as per the instructions, I replaced the battery. Still, nothing. Reads the oil temp just fine, but not the oil level. Not what I expect for $149.99.

I talked to a guy in the service department, and he said he knew they've had problems with them in the past, but since mine is brand new, it should work fine. What should I do?

I have seen a few other write ups on this product on the forum. They were not positive write ups. :(

If it were me I would take it back and ask for your money or store credit.

I could, but I really want it. I'd like to be able to easily monitor my oil temp/level when I go to Thunderbeach next month.

I don't know about the ones that read you're oil level plus temp but I had one years ago that just read temp & it was junk, replaced it with the old analog oil temp 8 years ago and haven't had a problem since.

"No Sensor" error is a broken internal wire. Send it back and get a new one.

Good luck,
Rich P

Like Tank suggested, these things do not have a good track record. They just do not last or are inaccurate. Get you money back while you can.

I haven't read a single good review about this product , so it's better to get your money back

I haven't read a single good review about this product , so it's better to get your money back
Here is a good one. Mine works fine. They likely do not like excessive heat. It is good to be able to push a buttone and check temperature and fill level.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Here is a good one. Mine works fine. They likely do not like excessive heat. It is good to be able to push a buttone and check temperature and fill level.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I agree with hadye, one of the very few positive reviews of the this option. Chinese kids must of had a good day that day.

Back