free website stats program Problem With GPS Install | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem With GPS Install

I installed a Garmin GPS I used the pigtail from my battery tender for power, I soldered a extra pigtail to a cigarette lighter and carry it in a magnetic tank bag...all these little FM roads here in the country, it's easy to get lost...(new to the area...)

Guitar4Him, I wanted to add a aux 90 cable for my phone and route it like you did however I couldnt for the life of me figure out how to get those screws out. If anyone has any tips, I am all ears!

No problems with the install but had a hard time getting Nav Weather activated ( no problems activating the radio part) if you have a problem request Tier 2 support. The first folks you get on the phone may have a problem getting the Nav features working but the Teir 2 folks take care of it very quickly. I agree with not using the cell while riding, that's one reason I ride, to get away from that phone!

I got a new 2011 Ultra Classic this week. Last night I embarked on the install of my new Garmin Zumo 665. Everything went pretty smooth...I tapped off the cigarette lighter for power and put the XM antenna on top of the radio. I wanted to have a really clean installation so I decided to use a very thin cable with a right-angle end to connect to the AUX port on the front of the radio. The plan was to route the cable beside the radio bezel, leaving very little wire exposed. To accomplish this, I had to get the radio free and move it back enough to have clearance to route the cable through to the front. There are 4 screws that hold the radio in place. I removed them, moved the radio back and routed the cable. Then, the fun began. It was relatively easy to get the 2 screws closest to the rear of the radio back in. However, the front 2 screws proved to be impossible. I worked for over 2 hours, trying every trick I could come up with to get them back in. Unfortunately, I was not successful. I'm hoping that the 2 installed screws will be sufficient to hold the radio securely but I'd really like to get it back in correctly. Is there some trick to removing and re-installing the radio? At this point, I've pretty much given up. I do have to take the bike back to the dealer sometime next week to get the Rinehart true duals and airbox installed and get it dyno-tuned. I suspect that I could get the folks there to finish the installation but that would be pretty embaressing. Any suggestions?

BTW...the GPS/XM install looks and works great. It really adds a lot of capability (GPS, XM radio, MP3 player and bluetooth cell phone control).

Ken
2011 Electra-Glide Ultra Classic (Cool Blue Pearl)

Assuming you haven't gotten the radio install finished have you tried installing the front screws first?

Back