free website stats program Problem with 09' Ultra Classic TPS? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Problem with 09' Ultra Classic TPS?

I hope this solves it.
It will for a while. Great Info & what they did should really help. The thing to remember is that unless the micro motion of the connector is STOPPED (and it has not been) the problem will return in time. The contact motion must be clamped, in order to stop the wear. Gold flashing and lube helps but it only buys you time.

If I owned a TBW bike, I would eliminate that set of contacts (both male and female) all together by attaching (soldering) the wires directly to the pots. That was a very silly place to have a quick disconnect connector to start with. With the vibration of the bars and grips what else would you expect. An integrated 12" pigtail off the pots would have been a better way.

I would be willing to bet that in time, HD makes the cable and twin pot assembly as ONE and eliminate that troublesome connector altogether.

Between having 30 different 2011 models with a bunch being TBW & now the entry into CAN network systems,, their work is cut out for them.

Back