free website stats program pro and con 2008 street glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

pro and con 2008 street glide

I also have a 2008 Street Glide and after 23K miles, I love it. As per the other comments, the original windshield will probably have to be changed to reduce buffeting based on your style of riding. I don't ride Two-Up that much, but if I did I would definately consider upgrading the original rear shocks.

The addition of aftermarket exhaust, even just slip-ons will certainly help the engine to breathe better.

A great bike!

I have rented one and have rode all my buddies Street Glides...I love the bike but if I owned one the rear shocks would have to go asap...they ride very harsh..the stock seat and windshield would have to go also!

Mixed w/this response...yes the rear shocks aren't the best, but bike's lowered so it's just a matter of dialing-in the air pressure. Definitely need to swap w/s w/something taller, unless you like getting hit in forehead w/buffeting all day long - nothing that a $60 - $80 after market shield can't cure. My stock seat was fine, but wanted a bit more comfort so sent to Mean City for mem. foam - $180 (includes shipping) and problem solved. So for ~$260 the ride's comfort level is boosted...cheaper than cost of new seat.

Have a 09 SG and love it, as far as the stock windsheld replace it with one from Klock Werks (love it for looks @ function), stock seat ok but changed it also to LePera. As far as the ride goes, keep air around 30psi and its not bad. :apEnjoy it and post a pic.

I Ride a Street glide and agree, ride is not as good as other touring models I have owned,I upgaded to 12.5 progressive 440 IAS shocks to give me a 1/2 more travel and forks done also, upgrade to corbin seat and yes the windshield went to 8''.these upgrades have given me back the touring ride that I had in past touring models, but I still miss my tour-pak.

I Ride a Street glide and agree, ride is not as good as other touring models I have owned,I upgaded to 12.5 progressive 440 IAS shocks to give me a 1/2 more travel and forks done also, upgrade to corbin seat and yes the windshield went to 8''.these upgrades have given me back the touring ride that I had in past touring models, but I still miss my tour-pak.

Easy enough to add a detachable one - all it takes is $$$

I have a 2008 SG I bought used a year ago. I have 2 different seats and a detachable tour pak. Takes about 3 min. to change over to ride myself or with the wife. She loves the bike and the ride. I know you will ride the bike yourself since your wife will have the Heritage. You will love the way this bike rides.

I have a 2008 SG I bought used a year ago. I have 2 different seats and a detachable tour pak. Takes about 3 min. to change over to ride myself or with the wife. She loves the bike and the ride. I know you will ride the bike yourself since your wife will have the Heritage. You will love the way this bike rides.

Let me also ad this. I'm in love with the way my 08 handles. I'm not necessarily in love with the way it rides.

Having said that...I like it well enough to say i am in love with the bike as a whole. There isnt a model made that will suit everyone every time. I plan to own it for a long time and would recommend it to anyone.

Have 27k on my 08 and plan to put many more on it. Only problem had so far was front wheel bearing at 15k. Had fixed with tire change at same time. ABS brakes are a plus also.

Back