free website stats program primary removal | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

primary removal

glider's diagram says 7 1/2" for flt/others say 5 7/8, 5 15/16 and 6". which one is it for an o5 flhtci? why the step in glider's tool diagram? is it meant to do double duty and you use the lenght you need,either the long side or short side depending on what model your working on?

So rounding off the ends like in the top picture would be the best way to do it?

Attachments

• GeorgeTool 001.jpg
    GeorgeTool 001.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 32
No wonder everyone makes their own.That is awful expensive for a $1 piece of bar stock

I was thinking exactly the same thing. I thought Georges Tool was expensive. Now his looks like a great deal.

Rounded ends it will be. Now makes sense..

Can this be explained in more depth and or pictures for us rookies? I am thinking of doing the compensator

There are Great pictures in the service manual on your bike. But what your doing is removing the chain tensioner assembly and placing this bar between the primary chain sprockets in order to "jam" the sprockets from turning while you loosen or tighten the compensator nut to 140 ft pounds.

I believe there are some good pictures in the self help compensator replacement procedure.

There are Great pictures in the service manual on your bike. But what your doing is removing the chain tensioner assembly and placing this bar between the primary chain sprockets in order to "jam" the sprockets from turning while you loosen or tighten the compensator nut to 140 ft pounds.
Ok. I will look in the book, I didnt think of it... Why is it necessary to round the ends of the bar?

Back